𝐈

𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 was currently quite comfortable laying across her bed with her converse clad feet propped up on the wall above the head of the bed reading it by stephen king. she was quite content with the situation, her mother and sister were both out and she was alone. she had previously turned on the fan and put on a journey record she had picked up on her most recent outing out of town (about 3 days ago) with her best friend, elijah everglow.

eli had been paisleys best friend since kindergarten. he was blonde and had a movie star smile that could bring any girl to her knees. in fact, most girls were on their knees for him but he paid them no mind much to the pleasure of paisley. paisley has kind of had this teensy tiny crush on her best friend since freshman year... well she noticed freshmen year. she'd started having these feeling in 3rd grade but she just played them off as the intense feeling of friendship for him.

the red rotary phone began ringing on her bedside table. she reached for it without taking her eyes off her book. "hello?" she answered.

"hello beautiful," the voice of her best friend rang through her ear as she smiled. he usually flirted with her, he meant it though paisley was sure he was just messing around.

"hello blondie," she said as she closed the book and swung her legs so she sat on the edge of her bed.

"meet me at lukes?"

"when?"

"now," he hung up on her

"that cheeky bastard," she muttered to herself as the line went dead and she put the phone back on the base. she grabbed her green sweater, pulling it over her shoulders and checking in the mirror and grabbing her wallet, shoving it into her back pocket and walking out of the house. the chill of the winter wind brushed past her. it was quite strange really, she never seemed to get cold.

paisley was considered the weird one of the two gilmore twins but she didn't really care though she did prefer the term peculiar. she thought peculiar was better than normal. normal was boring anyways and who wanted that?

she pushed open the door to see eli at the counter. paisley walked over to sit with him. "i dont know how your not cold, its like 32 degrees out there" eli spoke as he looked at her, sliding over the coffee he'd previously ordered for her. "what can i say, its a talent i guess," she shrugged, a teasing smile taking over her lips as she sipped the coffee.

eli laughed as his eyes scanned her face. she was absolutely breath taking no matter what she was doing, in his eyes.

"stop staring, you creep," the girl said as she glanced over at him. "i was not staring, i was admiring. art work was made to be admired you know," he flirted. "just shut up," she covered his face with her hand, pushing him back as they laughed.

when the door to lukes opened to reveal a tall, handsome stranger neither teen had seen before, they both gave each other a questioning glance as to say new kid? though paisley looked back to the stranger as eli kept his eyes on her, hoping she wasnt thinking what he was sure she was.

he smiled at paisley as eli's blank expression turned into a scowl as he looked down into the dark coffee, stirring it with the spoon. it was an empty gesture, he was simply stirring the liquid, there was nothing in it that needed to be stirred as the stranger sat next to his girl.

"hi," he smiled at her, "im dean." "im paisley," she smiled back ignoring the rose dust covering her cheeks.  "any relation to rory gilmore?" he asked her. paisley was a little creeped out now.

"yeah, shes my twin sister. howd you know?" she raised a brow. "i ran into her, literally. i helped her pick up her stuff and she started rambling and mentioned you and that you were the only girl named paisley, that you would be at lukes with elijah and that you were super pretty," he explained which just made eli clench his jaw.