𝐈𝐕

eventually, after walking around town and goofing off together for much of the day, at about 4 paisley and eli began walking back to paisleys house since eli agreed to help clean out the fridge.

"wait wait wait, so your gonna put rory on with dean?" eli asked while he let out a couple giggles.

"yep, i think theyd get along better anyways cause rory aint gotta worry about him getting jealous over her best friend," paisley swung their intertwined fingers exaggeratedly, "hopefully" she added quickly

they both laughed and continued walking home.

when they walked through the front door, paisley found rory sitting on the couch going through papers.

"what are you doing?" paisley asked confused.

she received no answer so she ignored her and walked into the kitchen to see her mom sitting on the counter.

"hey honey," she greeted her daughter then turned to eli. "and blonde child i wish was mine,"

"hey miss lor," eli smiled as he hugged her.

"eli said he'd help clean the fridge, lord knows we need it," paisley said dragging the trash can over by the fridge.

"oh good," she slid of the counter and moved to stand beside eli as they watched paisley begin the burdensome endeavor.

paisley pulled a clear jug filed with an obviously expired undeterminable substance which had turned into a cheese-like substance. "okay this is disgusting," she complained as she dropped the whole thing into the trash.

lorelei watched as paisley went through every item in the fridge and watched as it was all dunked into the trash as they were all expired.

ultimately paisley had done the whole thing by herself because when her mom tried to help her she exiled her to the living room and when eli tried, she put him in timeout at the table.

finally, the fridge and freezer was... empty. everything was expired. most of what they ate was from lukes and when someone cooked theyd just come back from the store so it was sort of understandable.

"welp, were going to the store now. oh wait i gotta make a list first," paisley grabbed a paper and pen and sat down next to eli.

"uhm," she had no clue what they needed.

"why dont you go through the cabinets too and then you can just make a full circle run?" eli suggested whilst sliding the pen from her hand and tracing shapes on her hand.

"yeah," she mumbled quietly before, without saying a word, jumping up and running upstairs.

eli furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and threw his hands up, leaning back into his seat.

paisley came running back down holding her small, blue cassette player and the cassette that eli had made her for her 12th birthday.

she put the cassette labeled starshine♡︎ in the player and closed it.

soon following, the beginning of this magic moment by The Drifters came on. eli smiled as paisley opened the cabinet door. she began pulling down 6 year expired cans and stale bags of miscellaneous snacks.

eli watched as she dumped everything save for a new bag of suger into the trash.

by the time paisley was done, the track was on cant help falling in love by Elvis. eli wrapped his arms around paisleys waist from behind and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, taking in the spicy vanilla scent of her perfume.