𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

"eli agreed!" owen argued with a laugh.

the friend group was currently sitting outside during their free period. owen and paisley were arguing about danny asking what a milf was.

"but you said it first!" she pointed at him with two fingers.

owen pouted, knowing she'd won. she befwas by no means mad about it, the situation was indeed quite humorous. the situation was brought up when kaz asked owen what the 'plans' he mentioned to him in a text were and why he couldnt go to a party with him.

"bro you didnt tell the poor kid what it meant did you?" spencer giggled.

"absolutely not!" paisley shook her head. "no way in hell am i telling my nephew, who might i add is 6, what a milf is."

"why would you even say the world milf around him?" juliette, who was sitting next to kaz after relentless begging and not her own free will, threw her half peeled orange at him.

it had hit him in the head. "well i didnt think he could hear me," he argued back as though the point was obvious. he began to finish peeling the orange.

pasiley leaned back against the tree she was sitting beneath and pulled the book she was currently reading, collecting the dead by spencer kope, out of her bookbag . the boisterous sounds of their playful arguing and laughter was soon drowned, her mind quickly becoming engrossed by the exhilaratingly haunting words that painted the pages.

owen glanced over at her after about 20 minutes of not hearing anything from her. his smile immediately dropped along with his jaw as he admired the girl. her hair was tied up into a messy bun. her bare legs were outstretched and crossed at the ankles, her doc martens tapping the ground as she moved her foot. his eyebrows lifted and he had a pouting sort of look on his face.

kaz tapped juliette and motioned over to owen. she followed his eyes to the brunette girl, still far too interested in her book to notice.

"bros in la la land watching her," kaz mumbled.

juliette nodded with a knowing smile as owen huffed a looked back down at his lap before licking his lips and looking back up.

"what?"

☼☽

"the comedy of errors–written?" lorelai had been helping rory study while paisley was getting ready to go to eli's house for supper.

"1590" rory pulled a chip from her bag after answering.

"published"

"1623" paisley yelled as she jumped from the third stair with a smile.

"nice one babe," lorelai smiled back. "you look pretty, wheres flora taking you again?"

"thank you," paisley readjusted the strap or her purse, "she said somewhere just outside of town so im not sure,"

"okay, have fun," she said before going back to the boring history questions. "Richard III"

"1483 to 85, bye love you" paisley closed the door behind her.

rory rolled her eyes.

☼☽

when paisley got home she was exhausted. her mom and rory had already both fallen asleep so she stalked up the stairs and went to bed. the next morning, she had woken up and left thinking rory and her mother had already left as she was rushing out to get to the school early. 

she was currently seated and taking the test. she was getting worried, rory was still not at school. she looked over to owen who was looking at his paper like it was written in greek. upon hearing the door bust open, everyone looked to see what had happened. "im sorry," her sister shouted.