𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"so lorelai , how are things at that charming little inn of yours?" emily asked paisleys mother. paisley sat quietly next to her grandfather.

"theyre still charming and little and were just crossing out fingers it doesnt assert itself as rude and large," lorelai smiled sarcastically.

"moms having a huge wedding there this week," rory butted in.

"really?" emily looked back to lorelai.

"yeah actually theres people coming from all over the world," lorelai smiled

"well that nice," emily returned than asked, "paisley, rory how is chilton?"

"its great but i need to get my classes advanced. i told then i needed to be in different classes but they wouldnt even after looking at my records from stars hollow high," paisley looked between emily and richard.

"ill call the school then, are you making many friends?" richard smiled towards paisley.

"yeah actually, i met this guy named owen colette, hes really nice. hes supposed to introduce me to his other friends on monday," paisley smiled happily.

"yes, i know the boys grandparents, very good friends with his grandfather. emily gets along well with his grandmother. we have them over quite often. emily, maybe we should invite them and owen along one night," richard tried.

"thats a great idea, sounds like your enjoying chilton. thats lovely dear," emily smiled at paisley. "what about you rory?"

"she has to pick a team sport mom," lorelai mumbled.

"its a requirement," rory murmured.

"oh thats right, i forgot about that. paisley did you pick a sport?"

"yeah, uhm hockey, softball, volleyball and basketball," she mumbled quietly.

"oh thats wonderful, you enjoy sports then?" richard smiled brightly

"yeah," she smiled back.

"what sport are you going to pick rory?" emily asked her.

"im not sure, im not really the athletic type" rory looked back up her.

"i told her go for the debating team," lorelai put in.

"thats not a sport," rory smiled at her mother.

"it is the way gilmores play," lorelai smiled sarcastically once more.

emily did not look amused.

"golf is a choice is it not?" emily asked rory.

"yeah,"

"your grandfather is a golf player," emily tried. she wanted richard to have a relationship with rory as much as he did with paisley. besides if rory left with richard, she could spend time with paisley.

☼ ☾

the rest of dinner that night was mainly lorelai arguing with emily and richard trying to avoid going clubbing with rory. it was decided that richard would take rory the next day and paisley would go shopping with emily.

paisley woke up at 6 as normal and began to get ready. she needed to be at her grandparents by 8 and it was an hour drive. she shuffled into the bathroom across the hall to take a shower and brush her teeth.

she walked back into her room with her towel wrapped around her and another towel around her hair. paisley slipped a record in as she pulled on baggy light jeans with a dark brown lacy bralette and a flannel to match. then grabbed some socks and pulled on her brown high top converse before sitting down at the vanity.