three.

(a/n: long chapter)

(a/n: long chapter)

now playing: "p angels" by Gunna

This damn party.

My nerves were a jumbled, tangled mess, and I was a ball of tense energy. There was no reason for it, I reminded myself. Just a few drinks, some laughs with the girls, and then home.

Easy.

My eyes scanned my reflection for the tenth time, intrigued with the result. After many last minute alterations made by Kelly's tailor, my cowgirl costume was transformed from an H&M bargain to a high fashion, couture piece.

The main body of the costume was a mixed fabric of stretch denim and vegan suede, the two textures creating a rich combination that was both visually captivating and tactilely inviting. The denim was dyed a deep navy, a stark contrast to the warm, earthy brown of the suede. The flared chaps clung to my legs, the star-studded trim sparkling with every movement, catching the light in a mesmerizing dance of glint and gleam.

The top was a daring sleeveless front tie crop tank with a collar, adorned with a mix of the denim and suede on the straps and a red bandana print on the rest of the top that added a vibrant splash of color. The tie-front straps were adjustable, ensuring a perfect fit.

Adding even more drama were the matching arm cuffs, cut from the same brown suede and festooned with fringe detail. They swished and swayed with each gesture, an expressive and playful addition that perfectly echoed the movement of the chaps.

The final touch was a traditional cowboy hat. It was a perfect shade of chestnut, matching the suede parts of the costume. Its wide brim cast a tantalizing shadow over my eyes, adding an air of mystery and intrigue.

As I turned and posed the hallway mirror, peeking out from beneath the chaps was the provocative detail that truly pushed the costume into bold territory: a pair of red bandana print underwear. They were cut high enough in the back to show off the fullness of my ass and framed by the fringed chaps, a mouthwatering juxtaposition.

The ensemble was bold, and not my usual style. But, Robyn and Kelly encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone. Just for tonight, they promised.

"How do you expect us to pregame if all you got is cabernet and prosecco?" Robyn complained, rummaging through Kelly's wine collection. Kelly was still upstairs, touching up her mystery look. Robyn and I had already finished getting ready, taking full advantage of Kelly's massive pantry to kill time.

Robyn's request to add brown loc extensions into her hair seemed random. But once we arrived at Kelly's and she changed into her costume, everything clicked. She revealed a photo of Gunna on her phone and the absurdity of it all took hold. Kelly had doubled over, clutching her stomach as if the laughter was a physical blow. I gasped for breath, tears streaming down my face, while someone pounded the table in rhythm with their uncontrollable laughter.