Chapter 8

Aischune POV -

"Shut up, Author. Percy POV."

As I walked out of the portal, less than a millisecond had passed, and Annabeth was already running over to the other campers, eager to spill the beans about my identity. I growled, irritated that Annabeth couldn't keep her mouth shut for a moment. I teleported in front of her, blocking her path. "Per-"

"My identity stays a secret, Annabeth, or I will hunt you down, send you to Tartarus, and skin you alive," I interjected, my voice dripping with icy determination. She looked at me, wide-eyed and frightened. I intensified my glare, and she practically shrank into a ball.

Sighing, I turned and went back to my spot by the campfire. Merlin, always observant, asked, "What's wrong?"

I mustered a small smile. "Your face."

Merlin pouted playfully, and Luke laughed. I realized that it was the first time I had referred to Luke by his actual name, and it felt like a small but significant step forward. Maybe, just maybe, I could heal.

But the atmosphere around the campfire was far from relaxed. I noticed everyone's attention was fixated on Luke, who seemed to be carrying a heavy secret. I stood up, sighing deeply.

"Today is the day," I announced, "all of my commanders will reveal themselves, including me."

Gamma stepped forward and smiled, "Bianca Di Angelo." Nico rushed to greet her, and Hades seemed to appear out of thin air to hug his daughter, tears of joy in his eyes.

Zeta followed, "Silena Beauregard." Clarisse hugged her tightly, and Aphrodite joined in with a flourish of pink glitter.

"Charles Beckendorf," Psi introduced, and Leo and the rest of the Hephaestus cabin swarmed him, celebrating their comrade's true identity.

"Michael Yew," "Lee Fletcher," they introduced themselves in quick succession as the Apollo cabin lifted them into the air.

"Zoe Nightshade," Artemis and her hunters appeared in a flash of moonlight, hugging their long-lost comrade.

"Castor," Pollux tackled him, and the rest of the Dionysus cabin followed suit. The atmosphere was filled with camaraderie and reunions.

Finally, Luke shrugged, "Ya'll know me." The Hermes cabin and most of the camp cheered, hugging him.

I took a deep breath and stepped forward. "Percy Jackson." The crowd fell silent, and in a subtle sea breeze, Poseidon appeared before me.

"Percy," he said quietly.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I'm sorry."

I stayed silent for a moment, contemplating my father's apology. Everyone around us seemed to be holding their breath, waiting for my response. Then, I finally spoke, "It's okay."

Poseidon grinned and wrapped me in a bone-crushing hug. Everyone cheered and lifted me into the air, even the Romans. There was a chorus of yells: "PERCY!" "COUNSELOR!" "PRAETOR!" "JACKSON!" I couldn't help but smile. Maybe, just maybe, they weren't angry. Maybe, I would be okay. I went to my cabin after the craze and fell asleep, with only one thing in my mind, I need to make things right with Mom and Paul. I woke up with a smile still plastered on my face. I freshened up and wore some clothes, still a long-sleeved t shirt and a pair of jeans, no one had to see my scars. I didn't have to worry about training, considering Luke would take care of it. I teleported in front of the apartment door. There's a note plastered saying 'have fun!' I raised an eyebrow but rang the doorbell *silence* I get tired and lockpick the door, as I work, I muse about breaking into my own home.