Part XI

After come out of the mansion,Chang and his group head to the main market.Zhihou is puzzle on why his master would coming here instead of order his servants to purchase something that he want but he doesn't voice out his thought.He just follow his master silently on the other hand Yiyong ,who saw some red jewelry and accessory pair with an majestic looking outfit,tucking Chang shelves and point at that shop.

Chang nod and give him a pouch.Then he turn to Zhihou and told him to have fun while look around for something you would like to buy.He toss him a pouch as well and told them to comeback here before the sun goes down.If they anyone haven't come yet,then head to this place.He said and hand them a piece of paper.Then he just walk away from them and told them not to follow him.

They just stare at each other and obey their master order.Yiyong walk into the shop that he saw earlier while Zhihou just walk aimlessly.He walk through the busy street and a shop pick his interest.It's a bookstore.On the outside,it may look shabby but he saw something interesting when he walk pass the window.It's a treasure that was rumored to be lost thousand years ago.How did he recognize it,you may ask,that's because his old master has interest in ancient treasures.Don't get them wrong,his old master is the master that have been training him since his childhood.

Zhihou walk into the bookstore with the sound of the bells ringing.(Not bells like 🔔 or 🛎 but more like🎐) An old lady from the back walk to the front and greet him warmly.She's really kind and even offer him some tea.He didn't decline it and also invited her to come and sit with him since no one has come in yet and she seem lonely.She accept the offer and sit with him.They chat for a bit about books and poems.She's very knowledgeable.

They talk for awhile and when he mention the treasure.The mood change drastically and the temperature drop drastically.Zhihou look around and felt slightly nervous.He's about to callout his weapon when the elder woman said something.

"So,you're also here for the treasure like everyone else"She said and stand up abruptly.She walk away and come back a few minutes later while holding a tray of something.Zhihou couldn't guess what it is but he already has his guard up.

"Don't worry,young man.It's just a test to see if you worth collaborate with  and if you met the requirements."She said with a creepy smile that sent goosebumps down his spine.Is she really the kind,sweet,knowledgeable elder woman he just met?Cause she look like a devil right now.

He was about to protest when suddenly the bell rings announce that another customer have come.They look at the direction that someone come in and the red head come into view.A beautiful red head boy walking toward them elegantly and flawlessly.The elder lady coo at the sight(feeling like a proud mother),look at how cool he looks right now,and then she bow to Chang.On the other hand, Zhihou still sitting there,DUMBFOUNDED about what's going on in front of him right now.

-Chang pov (after they part way)-

Chang walk toward Zhong-yi secret place where his younger-self is also there.He said some spell while put his hand on the large door,after that the large door suddenly open and Zhong-yi came into view.He looks really exhausted and ready to faint at any moment.Did he use that much energy to combine our soul?The answer is of course,A LOT.

Chang hurry to help Zhong-yi sit down and feed him the pills.Zhong-yi looks alive again but still decide to sleep on Chang lap for awhile.Not everyday that your master offer his lap as a pillow,you know.Chang doesn't notice it,he just let him be and comb his hair to make him more comfortable while asking him some questions.

"Is my younger-self with that stupid bastard right now?"Chang ask quietly.He can guess what the answer may be.

"Unfortunately,yes.He's the one who insist on helping you recover and soothe your soul.I felt that something is off but he just took you away after I combine your core with your soul."Zhong-yi said and snuggle closer to Chang abdomen.Hiding his face from Chang.