rainy nights (fluff)

Lucia leaned against the windowsill, watching the rain drip down. The little ones were cuddled up on the couch. Luz had insisted on watching the good witch Azura, and she was way too cute to deny so everyone sat and watch. Except of course, Lucia. The oldest noceda sister loved the rain. It was comforting, even when it had lighting and thunder mixed in, she had always loved it. Before her dad passed away, they would watch the rain from the pouch, sometimes they even played baseball, getting all muddy for her mother to scold them. But those days didn't happen anymore. At least she had her friends and sisters to enjoy it with. Except... Amelia. Amelia despised the rain with a passion. Although, it was probably a fear of hers. Because apparently in the boiling isles, the place witches and demons came from, had fucking acid rain. As a ten year old, it was supposed to scary, make her cower in fear that acid could come down at any point in time and burn you. But to Lucia, she thought it was sick. Even in the beginning when Willona hushed a whisper to her, because Amelia was shaking like a leaf in a ball and there for could not talk, she was... bewildered. But over time she thought it was the coolest fucking thing.

And right now, Amelia's fear of the rain was kicking in. She was huddled in-between Willona and Amber, a blanket thrown over her shoulders. The witchlet squeaked and/or jumped each time thunder or lightening showed it's self. Lucia stared back out the window, watching the rain patter onto the empty pavement. She frowned. Her mother wasn't home still. At this point, she shouldn't be surprised. Camila spent most of her time at work, and when she was home she would be yelling at Lucia for anything. Her eye twitched. She was the one who kept food on the table, even if was a little. She would pay for their medications. She made sure everyone slept. She made sure everyone got to school. Camila shouldn't be yelling at her. Lucia should be yelling at her. Keeping the household running was way to much pressure for a ten year old.

It wasn't fair.

Her inner grumbling was cut short as she felt a pair of familiar hands clench her upper arm and a warm cheek pressed against her side. Amelia. The pale girl clung to Lucia as her body shook, whimpering in fear as she tugged on Lucia. "Amelia? Are you ok?" Lucia turned to the smaller witch who buried her head in her chest the moment she faced her. "No," she choked out before looking up with her pleading doe eyes. "Can you come to the couch? I don't want to be separated from you." Amelia mumbled the last part. A sudden bolt of lightening gave enough light for Lucia to see the witchlet was blushing ever so slightly. The human chuckled, grabbing Amelia's hand and rubbed the top of it with a soft, reassuring smile. "Ok, but I don't get why you're so afraid of the rain, Amelia." She said softly, leaning in close to nuzzle the pale girl's nose, slowly calming her.

Amelia pouted up at her. Fucking hell this witch was adorable. "Well, you live in a world that rains acid." She countered softly, her shaking stopping for a minute. "Fair enough," Lucia chuckled. Thunder and lightening boomed outside, making the auburn haired girl jump out of her skin and into Lucia's body, quickly wrapping her legs around the human's waist and arms around her neck. Lucia was caught off balance for a moment, but quickly caught herself before they fell. She chuckled nervously, slowly wrapping her arms around Amelia as she shook. "I hate the rain..." The witchlet mumble repeatedly as Lucia walked to the couch. Willona shot her a teasing look, making her eyebrows raise up and down. The Latina blushed, sticking her tounge out at her best friend before taking her spot on the couch. Luca giggled, scooting away from her sister to give her some room.

Lucia grumbled to herself. Luca and Willona are the absolute worst when it came to teasing her about her crush on Amelia, sizing every chance they get. Lucia was sure amber was the same for her big sister. Amelia held her tighter as more thunder shook the earth. With a whimper, Amelia muttered, "can you keep close to me? I like it when you're close." Into her ear. Lucia smiled gently, playing with the ends of Amelia's fluffy locks.

"Of course, I'm not going anywhere."

°~~~~°
Words- 775

I LUV THEM SO MUCH