𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Mick's 2022 F1 Season had been full of ups and downs, he'd crashed out in Saudi and had to sit out the race, and now he was out of his fiance's home grand prix after a shunt into the barrier. His car was in half on the track and he felt nothing but anger as he got out of his car and watched Chanel's RedBull fly past him.

What made everything worse was that his entire family was sitting in the RedBull garage watching the race with Chanel's family, his eyes looking down at his car before he walked away from the scene unscathed.

He walked into the RedBull garage and stood beside his father, lip tucked between his teeth as all the drivers went back to the pit-lane for the red flag he had caused. Chanel's car was still P1, and still was after the team had swapped her onto the medium tire to continue the race with.

Her brother was milliseconds behind her in his Ferarri, and her teammate was inching just behind Charles in hopes they could achieve a 1-2 in Chanel's home town. One of her engineers handed him a pair of headphones which he ultimately slipped on when he realised the race would be starting now the safety car had gone in.

"Alright Chanel, P1, hold Leclerc for as long as you can."

Mick's eyes never strayed away from the screens in the garage as he watched his girl whizz through the track as though she were on a mission. She so desperately wanted to win at her home grand prix and she may or may not really want to rub it in Charles' face that she had won there before he had.

Mick felt a pang of jealousy hit him, and not because his beautiful fiance was being surrounded by men who were far better than him, but because she had the car that could win these races, and he didn't.

Despite the rain delaying at least 15 minutes of the race, his fiance had passed the finish line in 1st place, the Ferarri of Carlos Sainz and her teammate just seconds behind her. Christian was ecstatic on the radio, making a few sly digs toward her brother who had dropped down to 4th by the end.

"Incredible incredible car today guys, thank you." Chanel spoke.

"Better than the HAAS?" Christian spoke.

Mick's cheeks grew red at the comment, waiting ever so patiently for her to respond to the dig but she stayed completely quiet. Michael and Corinna were equally as annoyed, but nevertheless happy to see their future daughter-in-law finish her home grand prix in first place.

"I think any car is better than that HAAS." Chanel's delayed reply caught Mick out completely. He took his headset off and stormed out of the garage, his parents following suit so they could attempt to calm him down before the podium celebrations.

Chanel's eyes wandered the pit lane as she looked for her blonde boy but he was nowhere to be seen, a frown on her face as she collected her 1st place hat and put it on her head. She congratulated Carlos and Max as they went to get ready for the podium, her brother completely shunning her as he walked away from all the commotion.

Celebrating her P1 felt awkward when she realised her brother nor her fiance were down in the crowd celebrating with her, eyebrows furrowed as she scanned every inch of the huge amount of people to see if she could spot them.

Leaving the podium celebrations, she fervently made her way to the HAAS hospitality with her trophy in hand, wondering where on earth her blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy had disappeared to. Michael and Corinna were sitting by the entrance and stopped her just as she was about to go in, shaking their heads as if to say she couldn't see him.