𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Rookie season was over.

Four rookies in one season was a huge accomplishment for F1, the teams who took them in and for the drivers themselves. They all had good days and bad days, some more than others, but overall people were impressed that they'd lasted as long as they did. 

It was now up to the teams to extend their contracts, and for the majority, they were locked in for another year, but for one, it was a difficult decision to make. Chanel had been asked by a few teams to join them for an extended amount of time but she hadn't settled on any yet.

The two big ones were Ferrari and RedBull. She was great friends with Max, they lived quite close together in Monaco and were always bumping into one another in clubs. Ferrari was different though. 

Teamed with her brother, driving for the same team her idol drove for,  racing against the best at the front, being a star. She wanted to be a star, she wanted nothing but. But her heart was telling her it was a bad idea, she knew damn well that it would cause havoc between them both, tension and arguments would get between them.

She tried not to think about it too much over the Christmas period, spending the holidays in Switzerland with the Schumachers. They'd drank plenty of hot chocolate, watched lots of movies snuggled up together on the sofa and overall had the cosiest holidays they'd had in years.

Mick woke up on Christmas morning dripping with sweat, he'd been tossing and turning all night nervous for what he was about to do today. He'd been overthinking, his mind on overdrive, not knowing whether or not she'd accept his gift, not sure whether she'd break his heart or heal it.

She hadn't noticed, catching up on all the sleep she'd missed out on over the season meant that nothing could disturb her at all. Not even Mick tossing around, not even the sweat she'd accumulated from him when he would cuddle her, not even the dogs mucking around on the bed at midnight.

She woke up not long after Mick, noticing the beads of sweat trickling down his back, the way his hair was spiked up from how he'd run his hands through it. He walked into the bathroom unaware she was awake, not noticing she was until she wrapped her arms around his torso softly.

"Morning schatz." Mick hums, resting his hands over hers.

"Hi baby." She hums quietly, not bothered about his sweatiness.

He grinned like a child in a sweet shop, taking her hands from his torso and pressing kisses to her knuckles. He knew she had a lot on her mind at the moment, trying to choose a team to go to wasn't the easiest of decisions to make.

He'd been given another year with HAAS, which he was eternally grateful for, but Chanel had been given 3 opportunities to continue her F1 career. Ferrari, RedBull or Alfa Romeo. Michael thought he would be jealous, he hadn't had any other offers, but he was wrong, Mick was so proud of his girl no matter what.

"Have you decided yet?" Mick asks cautiously.

"I think so." Chanel replies, her boyfriend turning to face her as he raises his eyebrows.

"And?"

"I think I'm gonna go for RedBull." Chanel admits nervously. Mick was surprised, yet he wasn't at the same time. She'd been thinking about it for weeks on end, and although Ferrari was the team she'd been wanting to be with since she was a kid, the mistakes they kept making and how much it affected Charles put her off.