𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The flight home from Suzuka made Chanel miserable.

While she had spent the entire weekend astonishing everyone with her ability in the car and proving to people she was worth an F1 seat, coming away from it all meant she had to face reality again. Her post on Instagram dedicating her first race and points to Jules Bianchi went viral, and so did the picture of her and Mick on her story afterwards.

Monday was spent sleeping and getting back into her usual routine whilst she was home for a few weeks. Tuesday was spent shopping in preparation for her birthday party which was on Saturday, buying herself a new dress and some new heels after Kyra ruined her red sparkly one.

It was now Tuesday evening in the Leclerc home, Arthur and Chanel were sitting on the sofa together laughing at some baby photos they had been given to look through. Her legs were sprawled across his with a blanket covering both their bottom halves, admiring the photos Pascale used to take of them when they were little.

The party was originally for the twins to celebrate turning 20, but decided to also include Charles as his 23rd birthday was only 2 days after theirs. For the days of their actual birthdays, Chanel and Arthur had planned a large birthday dinner including all the family and Charles was going to take everyone out onto the water to do some water activities.

Charles and Lorenzo were sitting opposite the twins watching them with a smile, Pascale sitting in her own seat cuddled into her blanket to get some extra warmth. The fire was crackling and there was a film playing on the TV as background noise as everyone was looking through their baby photos.

"Look at Coco when she was a toddler." Enzo pouts, holding up a photo of the girl dressed in a classic Chanel ivory dress.

"Did you use to dress me in Chanel so you could remember my name?" The youngest Leclerc jokes, smiling at the photo of her and her father.

"Your papa would tell me off if you weren't in a dress, goodness me he'd be biting my head off if he knew you were still in racing." Pascale smiles, being handed the photo by her daughter.

"Oh yes definitely, papa tried everything to stop you from karting but you were too stubborn to convince." Charles beams, leaning back against the sofa. They continued through the photos with laughter, explaining a few of the ones they couldn't remember being taken and overall just enjoying quality time together.

"Can someone go get the door? I think it's the pizza guy." Pascale calls from the kitchen. Chanel nods and gets up from her seat, listening to Arthur groan at the loss of warmth as she walked away to answer the door.

"Dépêche-toi ou il s'enfuit!" Charles calls out to her, knowing she'd be on her phone and walking slow.

"D'accord, du calme!" She calls back as she opens the door, being pleasantly surprised to see Mick Schumacher standing there holding the pizzas instead.

"I already paid don't worry." Mick grins.

"What on earth are you doing here?" Chanel beams, wrapping her arms around him softly. He wraps the arm not holding the boxes of pizza around her waist and presses a soft kiss to the top of her head, enjoying the warmth radiating from her body.

"Early birthday surprise."

"Chanel, qu'est-ce qui prend tant de temps?" Charles huffs as he walks into the hallway, surprised to see Mick standing there with the pizzas they ordered.