Chapter 26: Sonic's Discovery and Getaway

Start from the beginning

"Bowser, I will not let you imprison Sonic here. He is not even your child. In time he'll remember the truth." Ethan warned.

The wisp flies out of the throne room. Once he is caught by some guards, he is escorted back to the parlor room. The wisp just hopes Sonic found the emeralds in time.

~~~

After quickly collecting the four Chaos Emeralds unnoticed, Sonic sneaks into Bowser's room through the pipes. The whole green pipe vent was plunged into pitch darkness, and the hedgehog directly felt a terrible draft everywhere, which bothered him a little, but not too much. When he reached the end of the pipe, he found Bowser's room like it was before. When he fell out of the pipe, he looked behind and smiled, pleased that no one was following him. The hedgehog returned his attention to what lay ahead.

Soon he starts to look under the bed for that case full of his birth mother's belongings. Sonic paused for a while, thinking about what misfortunes might befall him if he was caught. But the temptation was so strong that he could not resist it for a moment longer. Sighing, he opened the case so slowly and quietly that it didn't even creak, and found a scarab for the sword he discovered. At least it was back with Maddie and Luigi. He was about to leave until he decided to look back at the Princess Peach shrine Bowser had. Sonic was sure Bowser wouldn't notice that one of his fanfics was missing. He picked out a short one and before Sonic left, he found a photo that was half destroyed.

It depicted Bowser and a female Mobian who's face was scratched so much that it was difficult to determine who it was. Yet, the magenta fur the Mobian had looked awfully familiar... almost identical to the one he kept seeing in his dreams. He finds that note he found yesterday and reads what he couldn't finished... yet it put a look for horror on his face when he read it.

"Peaches reminds me so much of ______. Her bravery, her fighting skills, all of it. Peaches could be the perfect replacement so I can fulfill the promise I made long ago and marry her. Hell, if he is willing to stay, he can become my child if he chooses to leave behind that fake family of his. But the fact that I drowned his mother in the river, no longer concerns me."

Fear was the only thing going through Sonic's mind. What did this mean?! Did it mean that he was... kidnapped by his mother's killer?! Why would Bowser even do such a thing anyway?!?! All of his questions were interrupted by very loud footsteps. Closing the shrine doors and stuffing the case back under the bed, Sonic immediately scrambles back into the pipe. The further he crawled, his breathing became faster and he felt like he was getting crushed. Softly scratching his neck, he felt like someone was choking him... but nothing. Slowing realizing what he's experiencing, he takes some deep breaths and tries to think of something nice. He imagines that he's giving his family a bouquet of sunflowers to his parents, and his hyperventilation stops.

Having finally calmed down, he crawls through the pipe and back into the parlor room. He tries to go back to sleep, but he can't stop thinking... why? Why would Bowser kill his birth mother and then kidnap him? He felt like there was more to the story he was missing.

~~~

When Sonic wakes up again, his eyes widened to see multiple Spiney's cuddling with him. With one scream, he kicks all of the Spiney's out of the parlor room.

"YUCK! I feel so violated..." Sonic grumbled to himself.

Once he goes back to sleep, he lifts his head to see the locked door. If only those guards behind the doors would just leave, and then Sonic would've had a chance to escape. But sleep was hard since he couldn't get his mind off that note Bowser wrote. Sonic felt like there was something missing to it that he couldn't understand. Yet, he curls up into a ball on the royal bed in the parlor room, thinking of Green Hills. Ethan the crimson wisp notices this and nuzzles next to him.