Chapter 29

August runs towards the cafeteria. He's never been in the school, but he can sense Bonnie's magic. He bumps into Elena and Stefan on the way, but they don't have time to converse. They make their way to the cafeteria. They finally arrive, but Bonnie turns around and uses her magic to close the doors.

"Bonnie, no!" Elena begs, banging and pushing on the door. Alaric/Klaus is crawling on the floor. Bonnie fights Alaric/Klaus and lights begin bursting, creating a shower of sparks that rains down on them. Elena screams. Stefan tries to open the door but he can't. "August do something!"

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? You're a witch do something!"

"Bonnie's channeling the power of a hundred witches. What am I going to do to stop her?" That shuts Elena up. She can see his point. Bonnie looks at Elena with a smile. Alaric/Klaus stands up and faces Bonnie. Suddenly, as her body jerks, Bonnie's back bends and she falls to the floor. Elena, Stefan and August push open the doors and rush over to Bonnie in the now dark room. 

"No! Bonnie! Bonnie, Bonnie! Bonnie, hey, hey!" August and Stefan look around for Alaric/Klaus but he is nowehere to be found. "Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena starts crying. Stefan checks her arm. No pulse. Elena checks her neck. "Stefan. I can't find her pulse, Stefan." Elena sniffs "Do something please! Stefan please! Just give her blood, do something, please!" Stefan shakes his head and slowly looks up at Elena.

"It's too late, I'm sorry." Elena's still crying and shaking her head in disbelief. She covers her nose with her hand as she sniffs.

"No. No. No, no, no. No Bonnie. Bonnie please, no. No, no, no." For the first time in his life, August feels remorse for someone. He places a hand on Elena's shoulder. August looks up at Damon, who arrives.

"Stefan, get Elena out of here. I'l deal with the body."

"What do you mean, deal with it?!" Elena asks, anger present in her tone.

"The sheriff can't known about this." Damon says, walking over and kneeling to pick up Bonnie's body.

"This is Bonnie!" Elena scolds him, August rubs her shoulder in a comforting manner. Damon looks at Stefan.

"Get her home. Now. So, I can clean this up." Stefan gently grabs Elena and helps her to get up.

"Hey, hey, hey." Stefan tries to comfort Elena.

"No. Jeremy." She gasps, glancing back at Stefan. "Oh my god, Jeremy. What about Jeremy?"

"I'll find him." Damon says looking at August, who remains silent during the moment. This was personal. He barely knew these people. He currently felt like an outsider, and he did not like this feeling.

"No." Elena exclaims as she looks down at Bonnie's body, crying and screaming. Stefan takes her out of the cafeteria. August looks at Damon, who rolls his eyes at her dramatic attitude.

"That was heartless, even for you."

"Read my mind." Damon tells him. He sighs, and looks into Damon's head.

"You're kidding right?" Damon shakes his head and lifts Bonnie's body. August looks at Bonnie and closes her eyes.
............

Damon places Bonnie's body into the trunk of his car. Her nose still bloody. August stands beside him. He didn't want to but he had to. Damon was currently his ride home, as he was sure Caroline and Matt had left. He hopes Thing has found the ancestry papers. He wants to know more about Milo. Damon closes the trunk.

"Damon!" Jeremy exclaims running over. "Hey, I got your message. I can't find anyone." He stops in front of Damon, breathing faster than usual. "Where's Elena, where's Bonnie?"

"We need to have a little talk." Damon states in a soft tone.