Chapter 24

August opens his eyes and looks around his room. Having helped Damon clean his mess, he had returned home. The beautiful pitch black walls complementing everything else in the room, which were either black or yellow. Thing drags a grimoire into August's bed and slaps him in the face with it.

"Thing!" August cries out. He sits up and groans, and rubs his stinging cheek. "What was that for?" Thing points at his phone. August picks up his phone and reads his messages. "Oh great. The family dinner." He says with his bored and uninterested facial expression. He turns off the phone and lays back down. Thing pinches him. "What? In case you haven't noticed I've been to busy coming back from the dead to remember. Though, this isn't like me. I hardly forget things." August looks over to Thing who's writing on a notepad. He shows it to August who hums. "I should get up in the basement practice some magic."
......................................

August hums, as he reads through the grimoire. He is laying on his stomach on the floor of his attic, with his legs swinging up and down behind him. He scrunched his nose at the difficult spell.

"How am I supposed to pronounce that?" He stands up and lets out a breath. "Revertes phastmatos incognisè?" A pit bull appears and barks angrily at August, who merely remains nonchalant. He raises his leg and kicks the dog, making a disgusted face. "Disgusting creature. How dare you drool on my floor?" The dog is sent flyinh into a box behind itself and whimpers. "Thing, take care of it." Thing crawls over to the pit bull and it growls. It bites into Thing and spits him out at August. "No!" He exclaims, a wave of magic exploding from him and disintegrating the pit bull and his attic window.

He kneels down and gently cradles Thing, who's losing alot of blood. "No. No. No." For the first time in his life, tears pool in August's eyes. "You better don't die." Thing moves his fingers to show he's alive but his finger barely twitch, indicating the beginning of his death. "No!" August screws his eyes shut as the tears slide down his face. "This is all my fault." Thing slaps August harshly. "Ow!" He opens his eyes and notices Thing healed and in perfect health. "Oh good. You're okay, gotta love my healing. I wish I could control it." He sighs and hugs the disembodied hand close to his chest.
....................................

August is preparing himself for bed. Wearing a pair of pajamas, he wouldn't be caught dead wearing in public. The pajames is black with cobweb designs covering it. He turns on his TV and pulls his covers over himself. Family Guy is playing tonight. August doesn't know why but the Griffin family amuses him, no matter how dumb or annoying they can get. He stares ahead at the TV, watching the show, hoping that sleep catches up to him.  His eyelids slowly move close to each other. However, August shoots forward a literal stabbing pain coursing through his body. 

"I like pain, but this kind of pain is--Ow!" He puts his hand over his heart and screws his eyes shut, hoping the pain will stop. Thing is dialing numbers on August's phone and drags the phone into the bed. "Who are you calling?" 

"Hello?" Damon's voice can be heard from the screen. "Bumblebee, I didn't take you for the prank calling type." August can sense the smirk on Damon's face.

"Who did you kill and why?"

"Elijah. My dominance felt threatened." Damon jokes. The pain stops, Damon's words slowly sinking into August. "I killed him because I didn't trust him."

"He and Elena had a deal. I trusted him!"

"Why are you painting me as the bad guy?"

"Because you are." August hangs up, and curls into a ball. Thing pulls the covers over him and turns up the TV.
...................................

Damon frustratingly throws his phone into the wall in front of him. He pulls at his hair and loudly groans.He lifts his room chair and throws it at another wall. Andie walks into his room and looks at him, unsure if she should ask about his newfound anger.

"What's this about?" Andie question, she then gestures to his phone on the floor and the chair.

"Nothing."

"It's clearly something."

"Mind your business, Miss Nosy."

"Come on tell me."

"I think--I'm in love." Damon answers. He reminesces about the times he flirted with August, sometimes as a joke, but most of the time he was actually flirting. Damon makes an angered face as his vampire face reveals itself, blood red eyes and dark veins showing. He speeds to Andie, and bites into her neck.