Chapter 10

Dedicate Your Heart

Chilly. That's all you felt and your body sensed the moment your eyes fluttered open. You gave your mind a few seconds to fathom where you are, what have you done, and who's there with you. But the soreness came quickly, so quick that a timid moan escaped your throat when you tried to stir under the covers. The bed was soft, the sheets next to you cold, your body ached and your eyes hurt.

"Fuck..." You mutter under your breath when you lift the cover off and your eyes look at the uncovered window. The curtains swept aside and white light pouring into the room, highlighting the floor and stinging your eyes under your lids. It's already morning, literal morning and not the crack of dawn, because the sun had already rose. Which meant that you had slept in!

"Shit!" You kick the covers away immediately and get off the bed quickly.

The second you get out of bed is the second you freeze and look around. As if only now fully fathoming your existence. You're still in his room, still naked, still sleepy and you're all alone. He's not here.

Of course he's not...

You glance at his empty side of the bed, then your eyes start moving over the sheets, the covers, your clothes that are supposed to be left messily on the floor from last night. You frown when you notice they're not there, but instead, they're folded over one of those cushioned chairs. Neatly. And his torn cloak and jacket from last night are gone.

Did he fold them? Or did someone else came in here?

Your stomach makes a little drop at this thought, the thought of someone else walking in here, seeing you sleeping in his bed, probably next to him.

Was this a normal thing?

You shake your head, your mind still not grasping those nagging thoughts since last night clearly, then you finally start moving, leaving his room and entering the bathroom. You wash your body with warm water quickly in his massive tub, then wash your face and run your fingers through your hair before braiding it into a side braid.

When you're all dry and clean, you walk out and quickly put on your clothes, barely moving because your body still ached. You put on your pants and shirt from last night and shrug your uniform jacket on. But as you put them on piece after the other, your mind can't help but enter a reminiscing state of how you peeled them off last night while he watched you. His eyes, so hungry for you, his eager breath against you when you climbed over him, bodies and faces so close, his rough hands and soft touches, the way he let you have him right over that bed right there.

I need to get my shit together...

You clasp your belt tightly, then quickly reach for your boots and turn then stop. Your eyes spot the messy bed once again and this time you think if you should make it?

He probably has people doing this for him too!

You shake your head to yourself one more time then head out of the door after putting your shoes on. Once you're out in the hallway, you start to hear the familiar bustling noise of the headquarter from down the hall. Your feet walk the long hallway as your eyes wander around, looking at each door passing you and thinking if these were the captains' bedrooms and rest quarters.

Your cheeks instantly flush when you think about last night again. Your cries and obscene moans from him fucking you. All the noises both of you made in that late hour...

There's no way they didn't hear that!

Rounding the corner and heading down the stairs, you see a few scouts going about their business. You spot Hange talking with someone as they walk the second stairs ahead of you. As your eyes wander again, your head grows anxious and you start to think about him now. Everyone here looks up and early, already going about their day. So that must means he is, too, up and already in his office. You glance behind you, at the stairs you just took down and start to contemplate. Should you go knock on his door?