Chapter 2: I Forgot About The Dragon...

I studied the opponent in front of me as I took a second to fix my stance. If I had to guess, I'd say that the two of us were pretty evenly matched. While my opponent had more experience with martial arts, he still made the fatal mistake of underestimating me; and had tried to end the match quickly with a few flashy moves. Now he was exhausted while I was still had energy to spare.

Close the distance between us, my opponent rushed in close for a grapple, (which even with my limited experience I knew was a bad move). I was the physically taller one between the two of us, so in-order to get a good grip on me my opponent was forced to overextend himself. And with a quick sweep of the leg, he went down like a sack of potatoes. 

"Good job boy!" came a loud booming voice

"Good job boy!" came a loud booming voice. Following the voice to its source, I saw my instructor who had a look of unabashed pride on his face.

He was the owner of the Taiyou Dojo and my sensei, Goku Taiyou.

Goku was an amazing martial artist, with swept-back silver hair and burning orange eyes

Goku was an amazing martial artist, with swept-back silver hair and burning orange eyes. His face and jaw were quite well defined, and on his neck you could see part of an old tattoo sticking out.

"You could've ended the match earlier during his last attack though." Goku chided kindly. "He left himself open during that last punch and I would have punished him for it. But overall I'd say you did quite well!"

Helping my opponent back to his feet, we shook hands with each other before walking away to go discuss the match with our respective instructors. 

"Here." said Goku, throwing me a water bottle and a towel as I followed him over to one of the open workout mats so that the other students could have the space for their matches. Now that the fight was over, I was coming down from the adrenaline and I drained the entire bottle in just three large gulps; which I promptly choked on when I heard Goku say,

"You know, you may be the best student I've ever had."

"W-what?" I coughed out. "How?!" I had only been coming to the dojo for two months. How was I your best student?

"Usually the only people who come here are part of the family, and anyone who trains under me  specifically usually would've quit by now. So far, you and my daughter are the only ones to last this long!" Goku replied with a hearty laugh.