paralyzed

A/N: Don't judge my writing by this dumpster fire, I beg of you. Hope you still enjoy and that I make you cry.
Please vote. it takes like 2 seconds and makes me super happy.
:>

Scott didn't see it, but he heard it. A sickening crack that shot through his ears, his neck snapping to the source just as his friend's snapped the wrong way.

They were at a dark construction site, illuminated only by a few lonely street lights. He had been tracking Aiden and Ethan alongside Stiles and Lydia, who said she had sensed death in the air. Thinking maybe he could prevent the twins from killing someone, all three of them had jumped into Stiles' jeep, guided by nothing but Lydia's intuition, which wasn't much help, and Scott's nose.

When they arrived, Lydia had said her feeling got stronger. And they had stayed. Stupidly. Scott hadn't thought twice that he would have taken the person who was giving her the vibes with him, only that the person should have been at the scene already.

But they hadn't found anyone else at the construction site. And that should have waved a red flag, but Scott had missed it.

"All right," he'd decided after a moment or two of listening. "You and Stiles go left, I'll go right. Maybe we can catch them in the---"

No sooner had the words left his mouth than the sound of whispers, somewhere behind huge stacks of concrete pipes. With a flinch, Scott slid his claws out and advanced.

The fight was strangely short. As Scott had crept around the edge of the stack of pipes, hand raised, a white-hot pain flashed across his face, making his nose feel painfully spongy. He'd been punched, he realized as he clutched it, warmth dripping between his fingers. He heard Stiles shout his name as he and Lydia backed into a corner.

Was it an ambush, he thought as the twins converged into one huge, hideous beast. Were they set up? Did Scott just lead two of his only few friends to die?

The answer was almost halfway true, he realized a few moments later.

He raised a clawed hand to fight back, envisioning himself slashing through the flesh of that crime against nature, but a hand closed around his throat like he was nothing but a bottle of beer and lifted him into the air, slamming him against the pipes. He heard them creaking beneath his weight as he gasped for breath, grasping feebly at the hulking arms of the beast in front of him.

"Please---"he choked out. "We weren't..."

With a growl from the twins, the pressure was released on his throat. The ground rushed up to meet him, several feet away, as he was thrown.

He crashed to the ground on his side, something crunching inside him. He coughed uncomfortably, pushing himself up onto his elbow and squinting at the shadow of an approaching monster through his watering, blurry vision.

"Hey!" he heard Stiles shout somewhere behind both of them. "Hey, over here, you ugly cupcake! Leave Scott alone and come get a piece of this!"

The sound of wood shattering echoed through the empty construction site, indicating that Stiles had once again tried his wooden bat on the hybrid wolf. Like the last time, it probably hadn't worked too well.

Scott closed his eyes for one second, intending to push himself to his feet and defend Stiles. But that one second was all the twins needed. Scott heard the rustle of someone being picked up and a grunt.

"You--"

Stiles never finished what he was going to say, his voice cut off with a sound of snapping bone followed by a thump.

With a jolt, Scott staggered to his feet and peered around, vision clearing. Stiles lay at the foot of the pile of cement pipes, the twins' combined form standing several feet away, arm stretched out as if it had just thrown something.