Alethophobia

You reawaken alone. As you move, you find that your ankle isn't tied down like usual. Odd. You get up to stretch your legs, throwing your arms over your head, too. You wonder what happened? They must have been in a rush to leave if they forgot to tie you up.

But what if it's a trick? You hug yourself at the thought. What if they're watching you, seeing what you'd do now that you're not bound. You nervously peek out of the curtains and glance down. You gulp. Nope! No, no, no, even if this wasn't some sort of test, which it most likely is, there's no way you can get down without breaking your legs. Probably.

You go back and sit on your bed to await their return. You'll make sure you pass this test with flying colors and prove to them that you don't need to be tied up anymore. Should you be worried that you aim to please them more than getting out? Maybe, but you can't dwell on it right now.

Sun rushes in in a panic. "Star-!" he cries before seeing you sitting nicely, "-light...". He straightens himself out, awkwardly shuffling his foot, embarrassed for freaking out.

The two of you blink at each other before you finally ask, "Um, where did you go?"

Sun waves his hand, chuckling. "Oh, Moonie just had some patrolling to do! Nothing to worry your pretty head with!" You scratch your head in confusion. Why is he acting so weird?

"Sooo..." you drawl, "did I pass the test?" Sun's head tilts in confusion, his blank white eyes scrunching up.

"Test...?" he echoes. You lift your wrist and point to your leg with your other hand. "O-oh!" he realizes what you mean and wrings his hands together. "That test! Yes, yes, yes! You did so well! We wanted to make sure you wouldn't move while Moon went on patrol! Sosososo well behaved!"

You blush at his praise, not noticing the lie. You sit up a little more, excited at the prospect that this test might mean more freedom. 

That's definitely not a good way to think but it's been happening anyways.

"Does that mean I can move around more?" you ask hopefully, making your eyes wide to appear more appeasing.

Sun goes silent, surely discussing this with Moon. He then acts out a dramatic scene of 'thinking'. He puts his finger to his chin and tilts his head back way too far while loudly humming. When he puts his neck back to the proper position, he smiles and claps. "We can do that, Sunshine! For being such a good girl!"

You bounce happily, hopping up off the bed. "Really!?" 

The solar bot narrows his eyes. "Hmm...You're not going to jump, are you?" He watches as your eyes nervously flicker to the balcony before settling back on his own.

"Nuh-uh," you say, shaking your head vehemently. No way in hell are you trying that again. Sun and Moon deduce you're being truthful, and to show that they're serious about trusting you with this, Sun removes the rope completely, throwing it back through the blue tunnel in the wall.

"So! Are you hungry, my Sunflower?" Sun asks. Your stomach decides to answer for you as it loudly rumbles. Your cheeks redden as he chuckles. "I would say so!" He walks around and sits behind you on your bed. "Hooooow about we take you to the cafe? Get you breakfast and some coffee?" 

Your eyes widen, not even realizing he's started to brush your hair. "You...you'd take me...out of the room?" This must be another test.

Sun hums, brushing out a particularity ornery knot. "Weeell not me, Moonie has to. I'm not allowed outside of the daycare!" You frown. You didn't actually know that. If Sun can't leave, could that be a possible way out of here?

You...you still want to escape...right?

Of course I do! Are you mad? I can't stay here forever!