Single Dahlia

Good Taste

F/n was bored as she sat in detention. She had nothing to work on and so she stared ahead, her eyes passing by a sleeping Shota. She could hear a few other people talking quietly like Yuuga who looked at himself in a mirror admiring himself.

She then could hear Mina, Hanta and Denki trying to muffle their laughs and let out a few snickers. She could also hear Tooru talking to Kyoka.

So many people were in detention. It was probably for being tardy or messing around in class.

She was lost in thought that she hadn't realized Mina, Hanta and Denki moved towards her. A hand landed on her shoulder which caught her attention. One look at the three and F/n knew they were up to no good.

She raised her eyebrow, "I'm not going to do something for you. I'll get into even bigger trouble. Remember last time?"

Denki laughed at the memory, "That was funny."

Mina grinned, "We're not here for that. We're here for something else."

F/n grew even more suspicious, "What is it?"

Hanta cleared his throat as he sat backwards on his chair and a smile faintly on his lips, "Do you know why Katsuki hates Izuku?"

F/n hesitantly shook her head, "No."

"Well we do!" Mina quietly exclaimed as to not wake up Shota.

Although she was curious as to why the blonde disliked her friend, she didn't want to seem like a fake friend especially when Izuku had done nothing to her, "I'm not into drama."

Hanta waved her off, "It's not that bad, really. I'm pretty sure Katsuki exaggerated a few things. Dude must really hate him."

Well, it would be another 20 minutes until detention was over. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if she heard a few things. Besides, she wasn't one to judge people based on previous actions.

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt.

Lunch time arrived, the smell of food made their stomachs rumble. With Ochaco sitting next to F/n, she hummed in delight as she munched on some rice, "Lunch will always be my favorite subject!"

As always Tenya who sat in front of the two girls scolded Ochaco, "It is not polite to eat with your mouth full."

The brown-headed girl chuckled, "Sorry."

On the other side of F/n, Shoto twirled his soba with his chopsticks, "Did you hear they're opening a carnival later today?"

"Oh, I did!" F/n perked up, "We should all go!"

"But it is a school night." Tenya pointed out, "If we get home late we'll be tardy tomorrow and we'll have to serve detention. Being tardy stays on your school records until you graduate!"

"Can't you let loose today?" Ochaco whined.

Of course he didn't want to disappoint his friends so let out a small sigh, "I suppose I can. But I'll be chaperoning you all."

"Are we 12 again?" Shoto sarcastically said.

As her friends conversed, F/n had forgotten that Izuku was sitting with them. She felt bad that she had even forgotten about him, "..You are coming to, right, Izuku?"

Was staying quiet all it took to get your attention?

"Oh..yeah, that is if you don't mind." He softly said. He felt weird. He tried looking at F/n's bright e/c eyes but his own eyes darted elsewhere.

Why did he feel so weird?

It wasn't like before where he would be shy.

No.

She noted his behavior. She understood how he felt on so many levels and tried her best to make him feel even more welcomed. The girl offered him a polite smile as well as having an energetic tone to her voice in hopes Izuku could feel a tad bit better, "Of course! We'll all go home and then meet each other at the carnival! How does that sound?"

They all nodded and continued to eat their lunch.

However, Izuku stared down at his bowl. His body was starting to hurt.

Strange.

He focused on his food wishing that the pain would go away, the meat and rice no longer looked tasty. It was only for a split second, but the bowl of food did not look like..food. His eyes then began to twitch violently. It was bothersome as he tried to gain control of it but it seemed as every time he tried, it would retaliate. So he instead closed it.

Surely, if someone were to take a glance at him they would think he was crazy. He was just glad his so-called friends were too busy chatting and ignoring him once again.

For a moment, the pain and twitch left. Before he could let out a low sigh of relief, he jolted in his seat, his hands slamming the table causing his friends to startle. His body felt like he was on fire, it was terribly bad that he almost felt like he could pass out.

His chest.

His legs.

His arms.

"Izuku!" Since Tenya sat next to him, he held the shaking smaller male, "Are you alright!?"

F/n worriedly glanced at him as he later fell in Tenya's arms. She quickly reached to his side, his body felt extremely warm, "Izuku!?"

Ochaco also stood up as well as Shoto. People around began to glance at them with worried and annoyed looks.

Sensing the attention, Shoto walked towards the three, "We should take him to the nurse."

The three quickly nodded and unknowingly left Ochaco behind. She packed up her stuff, feeling the amount of stares made her embarrassed as she walked out and joined the rest of her friends.

In the nurse's room, the old lady shook her head, "He's just got a fever going on, nothing too severe."

"I'm not sure.." F/n worryingly looked at a sleeping Izuku, "It didn't look like a fever."

Tenya agreed with her and looked at Ms. Shuzenji, "Yes, he looked like he was in pain."

"Apart from having a fever, he does look a little malnourished." Ms. Shuzenji let out a hum, "He will be fine as long as he gets some rest and food into his body."

Ochaco finally made it to the room. She stood next to Shoto, her brows furrowed as she looked at Izuku, "What's wrong?"

"A fever." Shoto simply said.

"But-" F/n tried to protest but the nurse began to shoo them away. "Your dear friend will be alright now, get to class. His mother will arrive soon so no need to worry about him."

The door slammed closed on their faces. They accepted defeat and headed to class where they quietly worried about their freckled friend. Tenya, as Class Rep, informed Shota of Izuku's situation.

The teacher nodded and resumed class.

From her seat, F/n eyed the back of Katsuki's head. She already knew that the blonde could feel her stare as he shifted in his seat and grumbled to himself, most likely cursing, but she didn't care. Not when her mind began to wander to today's events.

He looked normal, so what was it that caused him to react in such ways? She didn't know and only let out an internal sigh.

As she said before, she wasn't one to judge someone based on previous actions but, was it true?

What Katsuki had told Mina, Denki and Hanta and what they told her. Was it all true? Should she be the one to watch him carefully?

She rested her cheek on her palm. All this began to make her head hurt once again. Only this time, the pain wasn't as bad as it was before.