Lotus Flower

Rebirth

Rebirth

•  •  • 

For as long as she could remember, guilt was all she could feel. It roamed in her head like a plague that threatened to spread further and further, soon to take over her body and be in complete control. Why is it that she felt so guilty?

When she hadn't done anything wrong.

"F/n?" The sound of her name brought her back to reality. She stared at the familiar pair of heterochromia eyes as they worriedly looked at her. That's right, she had forgotten she was in class.

"Are you okay?" Shoto asked as he eyed his childhood friend. He continued to stare at her as she stared blankly at him.

She blinked, then let out a small smile, embarrassingly scratching her cheek, "Sorry, I didn't get enough sleep last night. I was replaying the movie I had watched in my mind and I guess you caught me spacing out."

Her friend shook his head, "I texted you last night to sleep. I'm assuming you disregarded my message, right?"

"Yeah, sorry. I was really into the movie." She said as she let out another chuckle. Ahead, she watched as Denki messed around with Katsuki. She sat near her friends as they waited for their classmates to enter and for their homeroom teacher to begin class.

The bi-colored hair male looked at the side of her face. Her eyebags had seemed to get larger. Just yesterday they seemed fine, but it almost looked like she had been crying which concerned the male. Especially since he knew her history, "Have you been taking your medications?"

She glanced at him again, rolling her eyes in the process with a smile, "Yes, dad. One last night and one this morning. My next one is tonight, like always."

His worriedness washed away as he smiled, a tiny smile that he only held for her, "I'm just making sure. You always forget to take it."

"Well, I took it this time, alright?" She said, looking away from him, "I'll make sure to message you again tonight."

Next to her, Tenya let out a disappointed sigh as he readjusted his glasses. He shook his head as he watched the boys roughly mess around, "Almost two years and they still don't know how to behave. How absurd."

Shoto, who after finishing his conversation with F/n, scrolled through his phone, "I think they were just born like that."

Ochaco giggled as Katsuki grabbed a fistful of Denki's hair and shook him, "I don't know, it's kind of entertaining."

"And also reckless." Tenya motioned his hands up and down, "They're almost adults and yet they behave like children."

"Again," Shoto placed his phone down, "I think they were born like that. Or maybe dropped as a kid."

While Ochaco giggled at Shoto's comment, F/n smiled at him, "Look at you trying to be funny. New year, new you, huh?"

"It's also very rude." Tenya added.

Shoto smiled, ignoring the navy-haired male, "Was I being funny?"

"Guess new you still don't understand humor." Ochaco said as she let out a content sigh.

Three months into their second year of school and yet everyone is the same. That didn't bother the h/c haired girl. Though, she did wish some people like Katsuki would change their attitude. However, she does wonder if this year will be different.

She hoped for it to be a good difference.

"Oh, right." Ochaco perked up, "Have you guys heard?"

The three friends raised their brows, "Heard what?"

She smiled, "Apparently, we have a new boy coming to our class!"

"A new student?" Tenya thought for a second, "How come I wasn't informed? I'm the Class Rep."

"It was probably last minute." Shoto pointed out, "Momo would have said something if she knew as well."

F/n agreed, "Yeah, but why are we having a new student? Isn't our class full?"

"Oh, that's right, you haven't heard." Tenya lifted his arm, "Minoru Mineta got expelled last week for his inappropriate actions towards Momo. That's why he hasn't been around. It was time for him to leave anyway."

"Yep! And in return we get a hot, attractive guy to replace him!" Mina, with a big grin, interrupted them as she, Kyoka and Momo entered class.

"How do you even know if he's attractive? You haven't even met him." Kyoka pointed out as she headed for her seat, annoyed at Mina.

"Because I can just feel it!" Mina shouted and laughed as she followed after the purple-haired friend, "Plus, I think I just saw him in the hallway."

Momo shook her head and greeted everyone good morning. Ochaco moved away from her seat and talked to Mina as she squealed about the new kid being hands off. The boys only groaned in annoyance.

"Nobody cares about some damn extra!" Katsuki shouted at her, ensuing an argument.

Tenya continued to shake his head and attempted to deescalate the situation, but unfortunately the argument was turned on him. In their seats, F/n smiled as Shoto eyed his friend, "Aren't you curious who this new kid might be?"

F/n shrugged, "Not really. It's just a new kid. If anything he'll turn out like Denki or Katsuki."

"I would've thought you would be at least a little curious, especially if it's a boy." Shoto added as he looked away from her.

"Aw!" She poked his cheeks, "Are you jealous that I might replace you?"

He huffed lightly with tinted cheeks, "No."

She let go of his face and chuckled, "Don't worry, Shoto. I won't go anywhere. Nothing can ever separate us anyways!"

Right on time, the school bell rang and the classroom door opened and in stepped Mr. Aizawa with a meek kid following behind, "Everyone sit down, I have an announcement to make. This is your new classmate. Please make him feel welcome and what not. Introduce yourself."

"I-I'm Izuku M-Midoriya! Please take care of me!" He bowed down, feeling embarrassed with the sudden attention.

"Oh. He's kind of plain looking." Mina's face fell in disappointment.

Ochaco blushed a little, "He's kind of cute."

"What the hell!?" Katsuki yelled, frightening Izuku, "What are you doing here, Deku!?"

"Oh, good, you know someone." Mr. Aizawa boringly pointed behind F/n, "There's your seat."

Izuku nodded and quickly rushed towards his seat, avoiding Katsuki's death stare. However, as his eyes moved forward, they pinned themselves on F/n. It was only a quick second, but Izuku's breath hitched as she looked at him.

While the lesson continued and played as background, Izuku eyed her back. It had seemed like things were getting harder for him. He was just glad that he had found her once again.

Is it the same as always?

Why can't it be different this time?

As always, there is a lot of work to do.

But for now, Izuku had to think of a way to approach her. Maybe this time, things can go smoothly if cards are played right.