Chapter 3

When I arrived at the palace, I quickly headed towards the entrance, but as I was walking, three guards immediately blocked my path. They were palace guards.

"You can't come in," one of them said.

"I'm just looking for someone," I quickly replied. "I'm Ella Cinderia, the daughter of Trevor and Naomi Fortelle. They've been working here in the palace for a long time. Can I visit them for a moment?"

"You can't enter without permission from the Corohelia family," he replied without hesitation. "Leave. Don't wait for us to drag you away."

My heart seemed to skip a beat due to its pounding intensity. I could barely think straight. Fortunately, I remembered something.

"Wait, here." I took out the medallion from my pocket. "Someone gave this to me on the way here. He told me that if I show this, you'll let me in."

It was as if cold water had been poured over them when I showed them the item that the man had given me earlier. One of the guards took it and scrutinized it closely.

"It is indeed the one. . ." he said. Their faces turned almost pale as they gazed at me, which left me puzzled.

"I apologize for how we treated you, your highness." The guard holding the medallion bowed, and the other two followed suit. "You may enter the palace now."

Your Highness? Why were they calling me "your highness"?

I furrowed my brow. Was this how they treated people here?

Although I was puzzled, I followed the guard as he ushered me into the palace. Instead of being in awe, I felt more uneasy. The longer I stayed there, the more I could sense a strange energy within the palace.

"How may we serve you, your highness?"

I was taken aback when an elderly man addressed me. He was also dressed in elaborate black attire. I thought he might be a servant in the palace, but I couldn't understand why he was showing me such respect when we were both servants.

I chose to ignore it. Fine, I would be a princess for now. Just for now.

"Trevor Fortelle and Naomi Fortelle. They work here in the palace," I began, clasping my hands behind my back. I needed to hide my nervousness. "Can you take me to them, please?"

"Of course," he replied quickly. "Follow me."

I followed him. It felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest, but I controlled my anxiety. I didn't understand why I felt different.

While walking, I prepared what to say to my parents – how I would greet or inquire about them. This was the first time I would see them again in many years, and I wasn't even sure if they would still remember me.

But all my thoughts suddenly vanished as if they were mere illusions. The joy I had felt earlier was replaced by confusion.

"Why are we. . . here?" I asked when I saw where we were.

The old man led me to the cemetery. It was quiet, yet well-lit. Like the path outside, there were trees scattered here as well. It appeared that the weather had been dry, as many of the leaves were about to fall.

Nonetheless, my attention was drawn to the graves, which seemed to be observing my every move. I knew why he had brought me here, and I knew why they hadn't contacted me.

I couldn't accept it. I wanted to run away, but my feet felt frozen. I had forced myself to come here, but now that I was faced with the answer, I wanted to escape.

I was losing my mind, perhaps.

"Follow me," he said.

He continued walking, and I followed him. I had to step forward, even though it was difficult. It felt like I was holding my breath until we reached the end of the cemetery.

The Princess Is A Villainess (English Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें