Two hours later

It's been a long and tedious meeting. I just wanna go home at this point. This meeting is moot anyway. We have been partners for the past 5 years and, while we are not friends, Cillian and I have an understanding. I trade him weapons and he supplies me with drugs.

10 minutes later and the meeting finally ends. Just as I'm about to have someone bring me coffee I receive a phone call from Antonio, one of the guards, protecting Aria and Leo. "Mr De Luca, there's been an accident and Mrs De Luca and Leo is being rushed to the hospital right now" he says. Making the blood run cold in my veins. No no no no. That them, not my son and wife.

"What happened?" I demand already rushing out of the office to the car. " We were on our way to McDonald's because Mrs De Luca said that she was craving a big mac and nuggets with bbq sauce when a red truck rammed us from the side' he explained panicky. "The car skidded into a building and Mrs De Luca's door got jammed, the seatbelt of Leo's car seat was jammed. When the ambulance arrived Mrs De Luca was conscious but when they finally got her door opened there was so much blood," I reached the car. Enzo right behind me I give him the keys to drive. Switch the phone on speaker phone, "where the fuck are you right now?" How is Leo?" "We are on our way to Mercury hospital right now. Leo has sustained some head injuries and cuts to his face. The window shattered and some pierced his face and neck." He spoke. "I-" coughing from him "Antonio,are you okay?"

"Yes sir, a bit bruised but nothing major" he responds and before I could say anything the phone died. Fuck! "FUCK!" I yell, hitting the dashboard. Enzo is breaking every road rule speeding trying to get to the hospital quicker. When we finally reach I rush over to reception. "My wife and son was just brought in here, Aria De Luca" I tell her. She checks her computer and the few seconds it takes is to long for me causing me to bang my fist into the counter, causing her to jump back.

"They are-" just as she responds Antonio comes out limping "follow me boss" he looks like shit. He has blood all over his clothes and face, bruises forming on his face and he is cradling his arms to his body. " They are both in surgery, they said Leo has a high chance of recovering." He said and stopped, looking down, making me tense up further.

"What about Aria?" He hangs his head. I almost fall down to my knees "What about ARIA?" I boom, causing a few nurses to look at me. He shakes his head. My world crumbles into pieces. It Shatters into a billion little shards and the light within me dies. I think of all the things we did, all the things we were gonna do, all the things I wanted to show Her, places we were supposed to visit. All of it flashing before my eyes. Crippling me. I stumble back and fall onto a chair. Enzo by my side instantly.

"You have to stay strong for Leo" he squeezes my shoulder and I squeeze my eyes. Wishing this nasty dream away. No this nightmare. Hoping and praying that it is a nightmare, it can only be a nightmare. "What about the baby?" I hear Enzo ask and I look up praying for a shred of news. "I don't know, they rushed her inside. I overheard two nurses talking. They said that it is touch and go at this point,"

After an hour of horrible silence, silence in my mind because the hospital was bustling, the doctor finally called us. "Who are you?" He asked and Enzo responded for me. My mouth to dry to speak, and my throat to raspy.

"He is Arias husband and Leo's dad, I'm her brother and this" "speak" I force out and the doctor opens his mouth. " Leo is a very lucky boy, sustained flesh wounds only and should be back to normal within a few days. We will keep him here tonight just to monitor him but he should be good as soon as he wakes up" the doctor says and Enzo thanks him. '' what about Aria?"

"Well Mrs De Luca is a bit more complex. The impact her head against the window caused the window to break and some pieces of glass pierced her face and head, but the good news is that it didn't pierce her deep enough to cause serious damage so that was successful, the not so good news is when your wife's airbag deployed, the sudden blunt force to her stomach caused the placenta to tear from her uterine wall. That is what caused the loss of blood."

"What does that mean, are they alright, how is she?" I demanded. "When the placenta tore away we had to deliver the baby immediately but because of the amount of blood your wife already lost we had to do a blood transfusion before the surgery. When we finally had her blood levels stable we performed the surgery and it was touch and go for a while. We safely delivered your baby girl. She is healthy, a fighter" I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. " You can go to her as soon as they placed her into an incubator" I nod.

"My wife, is she okay?" I ask. He takes a deep breath before he speaks again. "I'm sorry Mr De Luca, when we were performimg the caesearen delivery, your wife flatlined twice and we got her back but unfortunately due to the trauma to her body she fell into a coma" Coma? Flatlined? She died. My treasure died? I buckled on the spot and Enzo kept me upright. "When will she wake up?" He asked but my mind was still reeling from the news we just received. "That's not clear to us. Well you see every case is different and because she didn't sustain any real trauma to her head that is a good sign. It means that her body decided to shut down to heal itself. If she had sustained any major head trauma then it would've been a different case. " He places his hand on my shoulder "It is just a waiting game right now. But she shouldn't take longer then a week. In some case it lasts 2 days and some it takes up to 2 months for patients to wake up. It all depends on them and their bodies. But I will have a nurse fetch you so that you can visit your family. We placed then in one room." And he walked away. After dropping that bomb, and leaving me broken.

Wooaah, almost 2000 words, that's insane!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Elijahs POV's are always fun to write.

Thank you for reading my book.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all so much!!!!❤❤

Love: unicorn_butterfly