Chapter 44

Shopping alone is crazy, but shopping with a huge watermelon for a stomach pushing down on your bladder, a very hysterical fiance constantly nagging if you're okay and if you need anything and a very hyperactive 18 month old baby is a nightmare. We arrived at the mall almost hour ago and it's been absolute chaos, Elijah was constantly nagging me to sit down or walk slower or bugging me to go home instead. Leo on the other hand was constantly pulling us into the direction of any toy shop.

We spent a good 40 minutes in ToysRUs buying him new toys which he claimed was for his sister when she comes and that he'll practice with it for when she comes- all of it marvel figurines and cars and the new Lego city set- nothing girly or 'princess baby' like he puts it. We all know it's just a load of bullshit but Elijah had just as much fun-if not more- picking out the toys. I was the only one buying actually baby plushies.

We are currently waiting in line at KFC because I am craving their chicken, so we are getting a family meal and nuggets for both myself and Leo, Elijah doesn't eat their nuggets "Welcome to KFC, what can I get for you?" Asked the cashier, "Hi we'd like to get the 8pc family meal, large nuggets, a regular strawberry lemonade, a regular coke please" I ordered and paid. "Babe, I need to run to the ladies really quick, find us a place to sit okay," I told Elijah and walked to the bathroom. My bodyguard followed me and waited outside. After I was done doing my business I walked back to our table and noticed a woman talking to Elijah. He looked annoyed and the two bodyguards were trying extremely hard not to laugh.

"I think boss is about to lose It,'' said Andrew ,my bodyguard "yeah he is. Let's intervene before he does something." Elijah saw me approaching them and the relief on his face when he saw me was quite amusing. The lady still going off on a tangent about how cute his son is. "Did the food arrive yet, I'm starving" I told him the second I was next to the table. The woman turned around and she looked quite annoyed at me interrupting her, "oh, worry hi, I'm Aria" I told her introducing myself offering my hand which she disregarded, still annoyed, I lowered my hand and walked over to where Leo was sitting "this is my son, Leo and husband, Elijah," I told her and her face turned bloody red. She stormed right off, "nice to meet you too" I yelled after her causing the table to erupt in laughter.

"Vultures'' muttered Elijah causing me to laugh harder. "Oh my God stop or I'll pee my pants" I told them sitting down. "You just came from the bathroom" Leo said exasperated "well baby, when you have a giant watermelon pushing against your bladder you're constantly peeing" His eyes rounded like sauces. "Watermelon! Did you eat the seeds? Is my sister inside the watermelon?Do we come from WATERMELONS!" he shouted the last part grabbing the attention of the people next to us. We laughed. "No baby, nothing like that. Your sister is the size of a watermelon. That's it. No watermelons growing or nothing." I quickly reassured him just as our food arrived. We dove right in. I offered the guards chicken but the refused.

Half an our later we were finished and ready to shop some more. We went into a bunch of stores that sold baby and toddler stuff. We bought everything we might need, we bought the crib, a bassinet, a rocking chair, changing table, a bag, some clothes, diapers, and everything else. The furniture was going to be delivered to the house today or tomorrow. Whilst we were shopping we bought some things for Mia and Ace's baby as well, everything gender neutral though because we didn't know the gender yet. Leo picked put the colour of the nursery and he chose lilac- shocking he didn't choose, red,blue or green- and told us that the baby must have a grey roof. We agreed. We spent the entire afternoon in the mall and when we finally reached home 16:45 late afternoon both Leo and I retired up to mine and Elijahs room to nap. Elijah decided to go into the office. He hasn't left my side the past month. Scared that I might go into labour, even if I am only 8 months he didn't care.