Chapter 43

"Mamma," followed by tiny hands smacking me in the face. I knew it was Leo, I've known it was him since he waltzed into our room making a huge noise by slamming the door against the wall. How Elijah remained asleep is a miracle. Still, I pretended to be asleep. "Maaammma," whined the little boy, I peaked one eye open and saw him turning around with his bum stuck outwards facing me. He was getting ready to sit himself on my face to wake me up.

This caused me to chuckle, popping both eyes open around the same time he froze and turned around. "Mamma awake?" He asked with a grin, matching his fathers', on his face. "Yes baby, mamma is awake," I told him and pulled him into me placing kisses all over his face causing him to giggle.
"Let's wake dadda up," I told him and he nodded his head, he turned to Elijah and plopped himself on his face. I started laughing hysterically with Leo following soon after. A few heartbeats Elijah woke up from his slumber. "Leo, buddy what did we say about this?"  He pulled Leo to his chest and slapped a kiss on his cheek making Leo giggle. He turned to me and winked "morning princess" he said and I blushed "morning love" 

After breakfast we decided to go to a park, just the three of us. We packed a picnic basket and hopped into the car and drove to the nearest which was 10 minutes away from the house. We chose a spot underneath a huge tree in the middle of the park and unpacked our basket. When we were settled Leo and Elijah played tag. The sight brought a smile to my face and made we feel all warm inside.
"Here I come, I'm gonna get you Leo" Elijah said chasing after Leo, his laughter filling the air. The park wasn't empty, there was a few people scattered around but it was empty for the weather. "Save me mama" squealed Leo when I looked over to them I saw him dangling upside down with Elijah holding him by his feet. They were having a blast. I got up from the blanket with some difficulty but I did it and walked over to the two of them.

"You put my son down right this instant" I told Elijah sternly amusement clear on my face, I was trying so hard not to laugh. "What are you gonna do if I Don't?" He asked me back. Leo was having the time of his life it seemed like because he was still laughing uncontrollably. "What do you say baby, should I tickle him?" I asked Leo and he nodded his head vigorously. I tickled Elijah and he started laughing, "okay, okay. I surrender. Take your son" he told me handing Leo over. As soon as Leo was in my arms he stuck his tongue out. "You little rascal" said Elijah taken aback making Leo squeal "run moma" he told me wiggling in my arms. I turned around and started running away, well to be honest it was more of a very brisk walk, but Leo loved it and Elijah chased after us.

Elijah caught us and lifted Leo out of my arms and threw him up into the air and catching him. He did this a few more times. "Lets eat" I told them and we walked back to the blanket. Leo walking in the middle of us.

I unwrapped the sandwiches for us and got a juice box out of the cooler for Leo. Elijah popped non-alcoholic champagne "What's the celebration?" I asked after swallowing a bite of my peanut butter and pickle sandwich. "A beautiful day spent with my breathtaking wife and amazing son, what more can I want?" He said cheekily and I smile "fiance" i corrected and he rolled his eyes "semantics" 

After our sandwiches I gave Leo some diced watermelon and grapes to eat. I gave Elijah some fruit too. We then played some music on my cellphone and Leo danced to his hearts content. 
Jumping up and down and out of tune. ''Dance mama" he said and I agreed. Soon Elijah joined us and we had the best time. We had a dance off which Leo won and he wanted ice-cream. "Lets pack up and then we will get you ice-cream," I told him and he did. We walked to an ice-cream stand situated on the sidewalk. "Hello, what can I get for you?" asked the girl working the ice-cream stand, "hi, we will take one chocolate, one cookies and cream and one vanilla please." I told her and she got our orders ready, vanilla for Leo, chocolate for Elijah and cookies and cream for me. Elijah paid-more than what was necessary- and we left walking to the car. Leo a few steps ahead of us and Elijah and I holding hands. Enjoying our ice-cream like a regular family almost.  "Mama?" Asked Leo turning around

"Yes buddy?" "when will my baby sister come?" "Oh,in a month. Not long now" I told him and he nodded his head,"are you excited?" Asked Elijah causing Leo to look up at him with wetness in his eyes. We immediately stopped walking "Leo what is wrong, kiddo?" Elijah crouched down. " You won't love me anymore" he said tears now leaking from his eyes, resulting in my tears also. "What, no way. Why would you think that?" Elijah asked again wiping his tears "it is. You can't love two kids" he said breaking my heart. I tried bending down towards him. "Leo baby, that will never happen. We could never stop loving You, ever. You are our greatest gift, you brought your daddy into my life. I can assure you that we will always love you, no matter how many children we have. My parents had three children and they loved each of us equally.  Gam-gam loved both your father and aunty Mia the same." I assured him and Elijah agreed with me "that's right buddy, we could never stop loving you and yes, we are going to spend more time with the new baby but that's only because the baby will need us to grow up to be a super cool and awesome kid like you one day. And she's gonna need her older, cooler brother to show her how to be awesome and brave. You think you can do that, kiddo? Think you can show her how to be amazing like you"  Leo nodded his head, his mood brightening. And just to assure him that he has nothing to worry about I asked "buddy, what do you say you help pick out the baby's clothes and help paint the walls?" He thought it over for 0.5 seconds and agreed. On our way home he told us that he was gonna buy his sister cool superhero clothes like Thor and that princesses are lame. We looked over at each other and shared a smile. In that moment I realized that this was exactly where I belonged.

Thank you for reading my book.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all so much!!!!❤❤

Love: unicorn_butterfly