⠀⠀⠀第12章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER TWELVE
Safe and Sound
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Wrath is what follows. Tearing asunder through a parade of torture and unjust carnage is a sorcerer. Blue-headed proclaimed god of the shadows, cladded with the crest of a noble house, a legendary weapon in hand, and cradling justice within ocean-like eyes. Retribution came to their doorstep in the form of a familiar face — Zen'in Kazue now enters the fray. Winds of animosity were the first to greet them as the wooden door shatter open. There was a stillness first. The calm before the storm as they say. "Madoka" and in a blink of an eye, emerging from the depth of the shadows is a round deer — standing proud & tall as its master. "Nue." With thundering wings, a bird-like creature wrecks all before them, only halting to divide the bloodied body of a boy from its captors.

"You will raise a sword against us, Lord Zen'in?" Tomoe spoke with finality. Unfazed by their hostile guest as she turns — seethe bleeding in the form of cursed energy. An ignited flame for there is nothing that can make an angered mother flinch. Tomoe swore to the gods; her son will be avenged. "You would stand against justice?"

Yet Kazue Zen'in's flames of anger were not red, but blue as his head. A polite smile came across his face. As good-mannered as always. "The prodigy of the hounds shall not pay for the foolishness of your son. Take me to see justice infront a King, and I shall oblige. However, you will not lay another hand on my student."

A smirk. Proud as all nobles were. "Quite a cocky fellow are you? I shouldn't be surprised for you are favored in the capital. It seems I am the only one capable of upholding justice. Therefore, I assure you — that lowborn rat you call a student will be executed today." And Tomoe truly believed her words — sharpening claws as she mocks the sorcerer before her.

"Divine Dog: Kumainu."
What follows, unfortunately, is the void.

Before him stood a glorious battle — or at the very least, that is what should have been. Yūji's eyes already glimmered with both excitement & curiosity over the conveyor of the Ten Shadows Technique. A sorcerer bearing the resemblance of a boy he knew back home. Unfortunately, the imagery before him dissolved without a warning. Sukuna's memory has ended for he has already fainted as the curse's life now hangs in the balance.

Instead, the fledgling of a sorcerer was greeted with a melody. A familiar silvery voice filling his ears ever so warm & sweet as he watches the ghostly woman gracefully glide through the dark of her realm. Echoes of a song growing louder with each step until a screen arises, and with that, he succumbs into a fragment of Ryōmen Sukuna's mortality once again.

The aftermath is what they stumbled upon. An ornate room somewhere within the estate of the Sasaki Family. Comfortable tatami mats, sliding doors, and beautiful windows where the fall sun pours. A euphonious voice as inescapable as youthful tragedies haunts the very walls. A hymn reminiscent of bittersweet memories pinching at Yūji's heart without any knowledge behind it. However, he is aware — this hurt, this nostalgic sentiments are not his, but for the god he houses.

Ryōmen Sukuna lay unmoving on a white mattress. Bathed & treated yet none can ever wash away the humiliation and torture everlastingly left on his body. Scars, wounds, broken bones, and burn marks trails his skin with bandages hiding the pain from sight as the girl he adores patiently takes her place by his side. Morning, noon, and night did the young lady of the estate stare at his being with glassy eyes, never touching even a single hair on his head for she wonders if she is still worthy to do so. On most days, Chiyo would sing to him — a melody often filled with hope & happiness. However, there are also times when the gloom of autumn would come for her, and she would sit beside him unmoving, whispering her painful apologies to a half-dead soldier.