⠀⠀⠀第2章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER TWO
The Golden Age
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀When Yūji's eyes fluttered open, the morning rays were the first to greet him. Cool spring breeze brushes through his face, a soothing sensation that only made the boy want to turn his whole body, and fall asleep once again. However, to the young shaman's dismay, a voice came afterwards - filled with rage yet it was incoherent.

Nonetheless, it was enough to make the Yūji sit upright from the comfort of his futon, greeted by an unfamiliar room. Confusion struck him as he analyze his surroundings - tatami mats, sliding doors, beautiful open windows which looks out to the courtyard of some estate. However, the spacious and fancy room he woke up to was empty, and seeming to be unused as the only thing there is the futon he lays on.

Yūji shook his head, attempting to recall the events of last night. However, all he can muster up is the conversation with Ryōmen Sukuna. He recalls the storm outside of his bedroom, the exhaustion he felt, Sukuna's rampage, and the small bitter secrets he unwillingly spilled. Chiharu - the girl that brought Sukuna to ruin, and what Yūji assumed to be a reincarnation of a girl he once knew. The mysterious girl of his past.

Past. Am I in?- Yet before the young shaman can process the whole of his thoughts, a whipping noise came from the outside accompanied by gasps and chatter. Itadori Yūji stood from his place, making his way to the windows, eyes curious over the disturbing sound. Not too far from the view of his bedroom is a child not older than 10, kneeling before what Yūji assumed to be an estate guards. The man that towers before a helpless child bears a katana by his hip and a wooden whip by his hand. However, despite the infuriated expression painting the elder's face, the child simply kneeled quietly with trembling arms and a head down.

To witness such a sight, it made the boy's heart hurt. Therefore, before even mustering a plan, Itadori Yūji immediately went straight for the sliding doors, and behind the thin walls of his room were a number of people - dressed in traditional garments as they wander about the spacious estate halls. Though, not one seemed to pay any mind when an unwelcome guest stepped outside from the empty rooms.

The way they spoke was quite odd - too formal if you ask the teenager listening to it, but Yūji is not convinced of his theory yet. It was too farfetched, and not to mention impossible. He may have wandered last night or maybe this is some sort of practical joke. Either of those seemed to be more plausible than what swirls inside his mind.

A smile formed on his lips at the thought of his sensei or Nobara playing this prank on him and the boy outside might be part of an act too. He closed the door to his room at the reassuring thought before approaching one of the ladies who wore a simple yukata.

"Excuse me, onee-san." The boy respectfully called, but she did not even flinch or move at the sound of his voice. It was as if she heard nothing and this only made Yūji awkwardly stand near the woman who does not seem to be acknowledging his presence.

"KIKU!" Came a call from another woman who seemed to have ran all the way here as panic paints her already pale face. It was only then that the lady next to him turn her head. "Shingen caught Sukuna stealing! Come now! He might actually kill the boy!"

Yūji's eyes grew wider at the mention of the curse's name. His hand reached for the woman they call Kiku, an attempt to ask how they knew of Ryōmen Sukuna. However, as he was about to do so, Yūji's hand ran pass through Kiku's body, and it was at that point when his heart dropped. He is a ghostly entity, and what occurs before him is the youth of Ryōmen Sukuna during the golden age of Jujutsu.