⠀⠀⠀第4章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER FOUR
Will o' the Wisp
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ Kiku's gaze resembled icicles. Not a single touch of warmth nor care, and what remains is a void, a pool of ink with nothing but the cold. Kiku's glare remained sharp, towering over a wounded child as her freezing gaze pierces him in cold blood. If only looks could kill.

Ryōmen Sukuna returns her sentiments with fire. His eyes burn with a challenge, taunting the elder woman to try and best him at his game. A side of his lips curve upwards, the sensation of a sleeping deity awakening within him, and he opens his mouth to release scorching retorts yet Itadori Yūji's ears rang — a piercing sensation that is enough to make the boy kneel to the ground while covering his ears.

The image of the estate slowly evaporates, not a single sound can be heard yet Yūji saw the servant woman raise a hand at Sukuna before the scenery of a warm spring turned into dust, into nothing, and what is left is only the void.

Darkness envelops the young shaman — pitch black, cold and terrifying. Itadori Yūji felt his heart plunge to the bottom of his stomach when the sudden change occurred. He was alone, left to wander into nothing yet as he scream for help, a light appeared out of nowhere — a single blue wisp flickering in the vast darkness.

Yūji's eyes shone — it felt like hope, like a path to follow and therefore with curiosity lingering, the boy slowly approached the dancing blue flame. What the hell? He reached for it, extending an arm and attempting to touch by his fingertips yet it moved away, and in a blink of an eye — the blue wisp multiplied. Thousands suddenly surrounded him, illuminating the void he stands on, and Itadori Yūji felt a strange sensation. A curse is lingering in the shadows, and he needs to prepare for the confrontation.

"Well, well." A voice echoed, "It seems I have a curious little visitor." Amidst the battle stance he took on, a strangely familiar sound sent shivers down his spine. Yūji's eyes wander about the strange realm he found himself in, looking for the owner of such a cold voice.

"Oh my, I haven't had one in ages." It was ghostly, it ominously echoed in his ear as if it is whispering to him, and it lingered still that it made Yūji's skin crawl. How can anyone be inside of Sukuna's realm? And how are they communicating with him if this is only a mirror of Sukuna's life?

"WHO ARE YOU?!" The boy yelled back into the nothingness, but to his dismay, the strength of his voice seemed to have extinguished the dancing blue fires as he is left with no response.

Darkness lingered around Yūji as he walk through an unknown path, not minding wherever his feet takes him. However, after a few more steps, light emerged once again — an unknown fire that burned green and in the shape of a butterfly fluttering in the air. It did not take long before another one appeared, though it is red this time and it danced along its brother. A large ghostly flame followed, shining bright that it made the young boy cover his eyes. It burned through the dark of Yūji's surroundings and after a few seconds, a woman is floating infront of him.

She wore a beautiful white and red kimono that perfectly matches her pale skin, red eyes and white hair that were kept in high twin tails. Embers and glowing butterflies danced around the beautiful maiden as well as two huge fans that follows around her every move as if they were her wings. Itadori Yūji was left utterly speechless by her luminesce beauty.