⠀⠀⠀第1章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

CHAPTER ONE
King of Curses
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀It was about three am on a Saturday morning - Tokyo was barely awake, Shibuya is slowly dying, the deluge greets the rooftops and the harsh winds knock at glass windows. The autumn rain was enough to lull anyone to a deep slumber. However, Itadori Yūji lays awake, unwillingly witnessing a god's slow descent into madness.

'I need to see her. I need to see her. I need to see her. I need to see her.'

The demon's words almost strikes as a plea, begging to himself to overcome his host - a horrible sensation of desperation and longing ignited by an unknown trigger. Itadori Yūji's slumber was unfortunately ruined by the violence of a helpless god who cannot be at ease.

"Can you knock it off?!" The young shaman complains, yelling into the empty room before shutting his eyes & placing a pillow over his head. A poor attempt to at least drown out the god's havoc. There was a moment of peace at the very least, yet as Yūji was about to drift to sleep, Ryōmen Sukuna's voice rang in his ear once again.

'I WILL KILL THIS BRAT. I WILL KILL THIS BRAT. I WILL KILL THIS BRAT. I WILL KILL THIS BRAT.'

Ryōmen Sukuna threatened, and by this point the young shaman has already accepted his horrible fate - he will not be given a chance to sleep unless he settles whatever is bothering the ancient god residing within him.

"What the hell is your problem?!" The boy asked in irritation as the day has exhaust him enough that he cannot bear to deal with any of this. However, with tired eyes, Yūji sat upright, cracking his neck and sighing at the thought of a conversation with the curse inside of him. He can admit though - that the curse's odd behavior intrigued him because genuine emotions or even the thought of simple humanity is something he did not expect the undisputed King of Curses to possess.

"Who is she?" Itadori Yūji asked instead, amidst the ancient japanese cursing and anxiety driven thoughts that are currently occupying his brain. Ryōmen Sukuna has truly lost his mind, and the curse plans on dragging his vessel along with him. The vile words spilling out of Sukuna's mouth were terrifying - cursing unknown names and wrecking havoc inside his domain without a care in the world. Rarely does Yūji see Sukuna lose his composure, and he questions how the sight of a familiar face can cause him his ruin.

"Sukuna, who is she?" He repeated, for the King of Curses did not seem to have heard him. This time however, as surprising as it was - the question seemed to have made everything vanish. The violent noises, and the heavy sensation Yūji kept feeling inside his chest evaporated into nothing and at last, everything seemed to have died down. It was interesting to the boy - how a single person can bring you to ruin and at the same time, bring you peace.

"And why should I speak of her to a prying brat like you?" Ryōmen Sukuna bitterly responded after some time to which, Yūji was grateful for as the King of Curses has calmed down.

"Do you know her?" Yūji insisted on asking because as much as he hated to admit it, if he dismisses this discussion, Sukuna might lose his mind once again and the boy does not know how long he can take it.

"Is she from your previous life? A reincarnation maybe? Was she someone close to you? A lover? Or maybe an enemy since you're suddenly so violent?" Truly, Yūji tries to be kind even just for this night. Though, he would admit - if Sukuna is willing to tell their tale then he would not mind listening. Yūji believes there is something to gain from Sukuna's past - a weakness even.

On normal days, Ryōmen Sukuna would have answered in cocky grins & clever retorts, but as for today, there are no words. A past lover? He could laugh at such a strange thought. A past lover is surely not a fitting title for the girl, for he knew deep inside that she is so much more.

A chuckle escaped the curse's lips and Yūji could not be any more interested at what Sukuna has to say next. If what he assumes is correct, maybe she is the key to his weakness. Though, it is most likely more farfetched than he thinks. He is speaking of Ryōmen Sukuna afterall - an ancient being of evil such as him, Yūji doubts he is capable of such things.

"I am the King of Curses, the greatest shaman to have ever live. Even a woman like her could not stop me." Ryōmen Sukuna's voice lingered of nostalgia and bitterness. He grinned and smiled as if he was proud of what he has become, but Itadori Yūji was quite sure he felt the weight inside his chest once more.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂