Nightly Chit-Chat

Saurian walked through a door that was labeled 045. What he treaded into was a large room divided into four bedrooms. Expressing a tired yawn, Saurian decided now's the time to get some shut eye after a long day of, well, adapting to living in this hotel and the creeps about it. And the entities' little arachnid pet, Timothy, doesn't seem to be helping with that experience by jumping on Saurian nearly every time he opens a drawer.

Saurian sighs and finally sets down on a comfortable bed that feels like it hasn't been used in decades, which was expected for a literally abandoned hotel. But the untouched bed was satisfying for Saurian, knowing that nobody else has used it in a long time. His head lays back on the pillow, and he begins to shut his eye, before he heard a sudden noise of something emerging from the wall. When he opened his eye and looked over, he saw one of Seek's eyeballs on the wall. Seek doesn't seem to expect Saurian to be in the room, as the expression on the eyeball looked rather embarrassed when Seek's full body emerged from the wall.

"Were you just trying to sleep? I'm sorry." He apologized meekly, with a hand over his forehead.

"No, it's okay!" Saurian peeped, sitting up and causing the covers fall off his clothed shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Seek asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah, I wasn't that tired anyway." Saurian lied. He was definitely tired, but he didn't want Seek to feel bad.

"Well, if you say so." Seek replied, in a tone that tells Saurian that the entity does not believe his word entirely. "I'll let you get back to it." He concludes, before walking to leave the room.

"... Wait! Can't we sit here and chat for a minute?" Saurian asks hurriedly.

Seek turns with a curious yet suspicious expression. "Why's that?"

Saurian is silent for a moment, unsure how to properly answer the question without looking like a clingy weirdo. Seek raises his eyebrow further in anticipation for an answer; if Saurian hadn't known any better, he would think that eyebrow raise was meant to be teasing.

"I just want someone to talk to." Saurian grinned awkwardly, revealing an uncommon appearance of his hidden mouth.

Seek laughed when he saw the monster humanoid reveal his grin. Saurian only hoped that he was laughing with him and not at him.

"Not like I'm busy anyway." Seek chuckled that sounded more like a huff.

"Aren't you 'always busy'?" Saurian said, using air quotes with his fingers.

"Yeah, but not right now, ironically."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure, you're sure?"

"Don't even start with that."

Even if Seek was or wasn't actually busy, Saurian couldn't help but feel flattered by the fact that Seek is taking the time to talk to him. But that's just what any good friend would do? Why does he have to make everything seem more romantic than it is, if it's romantic at all? Ugh, what a weirdo he feels like right now.

"If you say so..." Saurian sighs in defeat. "I will admit I'd rather have you here with me than pushing you out to go chase some more lousy humans."

"Uh-huh." Seek nods along as he sits on the edge of the bed, not seeming to notice that he's sitting on Saurian's leg under the blanket, but Saurian says nothing; he doesn't want to say anything about it.

"Why are you breathing so loud?" Seek tilted his head.

"Since when did you become like Figure?" Saurian joked, dodging the question.

"That's what happens when you're forced to deal with him for all this time."

"If that's the case then how is Huntress not like that by now?"

"She may be his partner. But do you really think that Huntress actually likes being around Figure? Or even if Figure actually likes being around Huntress?"

"Uh, well, how about you?" Saurian tilted his head.

Seek shrugged. "Maybe. He's still my closest friend, but he can get annoying after a while though. Like when I got hungry and tried to eat a snack when he gave me the puppy-dog face, asking for a piece."

I thought you said he wasn't your friend. Saurian thought, but he didn't say it aloud.

"Well, did you give him any?"

"No? It was my food; he can get his own. He's not a child."

"Oh - well, I would've given him some..." Saurian admitted, averting his gaze.

"That's because you're nice."

"... I am?" Saurian looks back at Seek with curiosity.

"Is that a serious question? Yes. You are. Nicer than most of us here, at least."

Saurian gulped. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't flattered once more; even if he couldn't entirely tell if that was all a compliment or not.

"Yeah, you and Hide are probably the nicest entities here— what's with the face?" Seek asks, staring directly at Saurian's flustered mess of an expression. "Do you not get compliments often or something? That's fine. Neither do I; if I ever get compliments at all in this lonely-as-fuck hotel."

Saurian frowned, feeling a little bad for not returning the compliment after Seek says that, so he thinks of something nice to say.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think you're nice too." He says.

Seek narrowed a brow. "I'm only nice when I'm too tired to do anything snarky."

"Soo, based on that logic, that means you're tired right now?" The edge of Saurian's mouth curls up in a tiny teasing smile.

"Uh, I guess so." Seek scratched the back of his head. "Why do you ask?"

Saurian swallowed a lump in his throat, what was he about to say in response to that answer? He wouldn't say he forgot, but some things are just best left unsaid.

"Uhhh, no reason."

Seek stared at Saurian with a look that screams that he doesn't believe him entirely.

"Well, in any case, I should probably stop yapping at you and let you get some sleep." Seek concludes before standing up from the edge of the bed to pat Saurian on the head, causing the face of the monster humanoid to heat up. A part of him just wants to reach out and yank the entity's hand, but he knows they're not that close yet; and plus, Seek probably wouldn't like that at all, no matter the circumstance. "Cya tomorrow." Seek says whilst walking out of the room.

"... Buh-bye!" Saurian squeaked before cringing afterward because he said that in a rather kiddy voice. Now Saurian was alone in the room. He tried to fall asleep, but all he could think about was Seek and that encounter he had with him just a minute ago. He definitely had butterflies in his stomach, but he didn't like that, because he seems to still be in denial that he actually likes the entity.