A collective murmur flittered around the room as family members began whispering amongst themselves. Each new revelation weighing heavily on their already calculating minds.

Don raised his cigar-filled hand, silencing the chatter. "Mijako speaks highly of you, and if you continue to help our business profit as much as you have, then you are always welcome at our table, Siraj."

With a deep inhale of his cigar, Don's words hung in the air, laced with an unspoken warning. Be cautious and remember your place.

Siraj cautiously took a seat beside Mijako, who briefly offered him a reassuring smile. As dinner commenced beneath the shadow of the guilty knowledge they shared - a fragile alliance had been forged.

In that room filled with dangerous men and their dark hearts, Siraj knew he now played a role he could not easily leave behind. The stakes had risen higher than ever before, binding him deeper into Mijako's world and the notorious Nirotti crime family.

Mijako's heart pounded in her chest as the once lively chatter and laughter at her family's notorious mafia barbecue came to a grinding halt. The worrisome stare of her mother alerted Mijako to a sudden shift in atmosphere. Turning slowly in the same direction, she saw him—that familiar shadow of Armanio, her infamous ex-boyfriend.

His eyes were ablaze with menace, and his uncombed hair hung heavily over his foreboding scowl. There was a chilling whisper echoing through the air as the wind tousled Armanio's shabby attire, each onlooker feeling their stomach twist into knots.

Alessio, Mijako's uncle, attempted to break the tension by half-heartedly joking with Armanio, warning him about the heavy consequences of crashing this gathering uninvited. However, Armanio did not budge or show any signs of yielding.

Armanio had been trouble from the start, winding his way into Mijako's life like a serpent. But she had bitterly severed their ties when she found out about his abusive past and predatory tendencies. Now, here he was, sauntering up to her brother Bishop with a sinister smirk playing on his lips.

"Ah, Mijako," Armanio sneered. "Long time no see baby. Quite the little gathering you have here." He let out a raspy chuckle that sent shivers down Mijako's spine.

Before she could respond, Bishop stepped forward, his normally chilled-natured demeanor replaced by a fierce scowl. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here, Armanio? Haven't you done enough damage?"

Armanio scoffed, "I didn't know I needed an invite considering all I've done for this family." He glanced at Mijako and added mockingly, "Besides, I heard my favorite ex-girlfriend was going to be here."

Mijako snapped back, her cheeks burning with rage and embarrassment. "You've got some nerve showing up here after everything you did!"

Seemingly unfazed by her outburst, Armanio laughed again and turned to face Bishop, who stood protectively in front of his sister. "Well," he drawled provocatively, "aren't you going to introduce me to the rest of your lovely family?"

At this point, everyone had stopped talking and eating; all eyes were on the scene unfolding at the center of their gathering.

Bishop clenched his fists tightly, knuckles turning white. "You have no business being here," he growled, the air around him seeming to vibrate with anger. "Get out, or I'll make sure you leave in pieces."

Armanio spread his hands with a falsely conciliatory expression. "No rush, buddy, no rush." He took a step closer to Bishop, so close that their faces were just inches apart. "But considering our history, maybe you should be more careful with your threats."

Furious at being provoked so blatantly, Bishop finally snapped. He landed a devastating right hook on Armanio's jaw, sending him sprawling onto the grass. The sound of the impact echoed through the stunned silence of the crowd.