I MEET THE THREE D∆UGHTERS OF KH∆OS

Now if you've been playing attention you'd know that I was (unfortunately) no stranger to the strange and unusual experience - but those instances were done and over with fairly quickly all things considered

Now if you've been playing attention you'd know that I was (unfortunately) no stranger to the strange and unusual experience - but those instances were done and over with fairly quickly all things considered. Like that time I was in Central Park with my mom and one of the working horses spoke to me. Or that time I was exceptionally angry about something and I could've sworn the wind picked up.

This supposed twenty-four/seven hallucination everyone around me was apparently on was quite frankly getting on my last nerve. For the rest of the school year, the entire campus seemed to be playing some kind of trick on me. However, after a closer examination, I didn't think they were even aware they were doing it. They seemed to genuinely believe that Mrs. Kerr - a perky blonde woman who I had never seen before in my life until she boarded the bus at the end of our field trip - had been our math teacher since the winter holidays.

Every so often I would spring a Mrs. Dodds reference on somebody, just to test out my theory that this wasn't a prank and something more was going on, but all they would do was stare at me like I was psycho.

Which, granted, was completely plausible. I've asked my mother to get me tested (she said no).

It had gotten so bad that I almost believed them, even though I knew she had been real. Mrs. Dodds had never existed, to begin with.

Almost.

Grover - despite his admittedly best efforts - couldn't fool me. His terrible lying skills were my only saving grace from going completely insane. He tried, certainly, but every time I mentioned the name 'Dodds' to him, he would hesitate, then claim she didn't exist. Obviously, I knew he was lying.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have a magical monster-killing pen still in my possession.

Something had happened at the museum that day. Something Mythological. That, I was sure of.

I was also sure that both Grover and Mr. Brunner knew exactly what it was. I hadn't confronted either of them about it though. I wanted to know more about what was going on before I did so. There had to be a reason monsters - and a fury no less - had come after me now after years of me knowing what I was. Why hadn't they come after me before?

As far as I was aware, Triton's godly aura plus the necklace he'd given me was supposed to mask my demigod scent and keep the monsters away. So why was one so bold as to attack me now?

I didn't have much time to think about it during the days, what with trying to stay on top of my studies and all, but at night, visions of Mrs. Dodds with talons and leathery wings would wake me up in a cold sweat.

The TV shows and movies did always say that your first kill would stay with you. I mean, they were talking about serial killers and whatnot but I feel like I'm more than allowed to apply that logic here.

Normally, whenever I'd have nightmares, my brother would show up in my dreams and help me get through them or distract me from them, but apparently whatever was happening in the Greek world right now was big because even he, the person who had been with me through every single one of my nightmares since I was twelve, seemed to be suspiciously absent.