"I'm sure you can, but that's not the point," I said. "We need to focus on our objective."

Rook nodded. "Precisely. Remember, our goal is not to win."

"We want them to take us prisoner and bring us inside, right?" said Epel.

"Oui. We are at a tremendous disadvantage against their troops. First, I will secure us a battlefield." Rook cast a spell on the water, freezing it.

"You froze the water into an island of ice!" I said, impressed.

"That should do. Now, let the curtain rise upon our battle for beauté and l'amour!"

"Alright!" We all made it to the ice. I got off the broom and stood to the side while Epel, Floyd, and Rook fought the men. The battle lasted quite a while until my friends pretended to be overcome.

"Rgh... I can't go on! GUH!" Rook dramatically fell to the ground. 

Epel fell as well. "Oh no... They got meee..."

"Alas..." I moaned before falling.

"Shrimpy! No!" Floyd cried before collapsing beside me. Then I heard a strange sound.

"I hear wails of lamentation from under the sea..." said Rook.

"Wait, is the Island of Woe underwater?!" Epel said. Sure enough, it seemed like a gate was opening in the water, revealing a hidden city.

"Starting transfer," said one of the men. "Employing blind and stun spells on targets."

"Huh?!" Epel cried. "Whoa!"

"Gah!" I shouted. I felt a small electric shock, and then everything went black.

***

I had a dream. A man held a woman captive. He wanted to take down another man, so he asked the woman to find his weakness in exchange for her freedom. Was that really freedom though? As I came back to consciousness, I heard Idia's voice.

"Seriously, guys..." he said. "This isn't a video game. You don't respawn IRL. Remember that the next time you wanna do something so boneheaded. You're lucky I'm the one in charge right now. If it were anyone else, you'd be gone."

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I gasped when I saw a city before me. "Whoa."

"Wow..." said Epel. "It's a whole underwater city!"

"Yes," said Rook. "We have truly arrived at our destination. The Island of Woe!"

"Sorry to rain on your parade, but this isn't some tourist destination," said Idia. "You can't just roll up on your broom like, 'Me and the boys looking for classmates!' You guys got a screw loose or something?"

I raised my hand. "I'm a girl."

"Whatever."

"Rude," Floyd said.

"Whoa... Idia's really here!" said Epel.

"So the Roi des Dragons spoke the truth," said Rook. "He claimed that Idia Shroud was the Watchman of the Island of Woe, who governs Styx. Goodness... I truly am shocked."

"That makes two of us," said Idia. "How'd you get here?"

"Before I answer that, might I have confirmation of one thing? Are those who were abducted safe?"

"I'm gettin' sick of this cloak-and-dagger act, so sure, I'll tell you. Yes, they're all full of life to an annoying degree."

I let out a breath of relief. "Oh, good."