Different Outcome - Chapter 08

Start from the beginning

"Marius trusted you more than us two. What's going on here?"

"Oh dear, looks like it's my turn to patrol. Goodnight everyone."

And Leandros quickly walked away and disappeared in the woods, leaving the two girls with the Jormungandr.

"He knows something." said Elena.

Deep in the woods, Leandros found Marius sitting under a tree with the wooden Filo figurine in his hand.

"What is it?" said Marius.

"Elena got too curious. I have go away or else I'll spill the secret."

"And him?"

"He's... Mostly quite."

Marius then put the wooden figurine back inside his satchel and got up.

"Guard the surroundings." said Marius.

"On it."

Back in the camp, Elena and Rino heard Marius returned. Their leader took one look at Elena before heading back to his tent to sleep.

"I think you should stop digging around." Rino whispered.

"That's not gonna stop me." Elena whispered.

They were suddenly startled by a loud snore and saw the Jormungandr sleeping while still sitting upright.

"Alright. I'm hitting the hay." Elena got up and retreated to her tent.

Rino got up then went to her tent. A few seconds later, she returned with a blanket and covered the Jormungandr with the blanket. The Jormungandr suddenly woke up and glared at Rino.

"I-I though this will keep you warm tonight." Rino said nervously.

The Jormungandr grunted before going back to sleep, and Rino slowly backed away towards her tent.
___________________________________________________

Back in the capital where all the heroes gathered, the Spear Hero party prepared for the Wave while still on their horses. Marius looked around and saw Filo exiting the blacksmith's shop along with the Shield Hero. Marius then turned to look at his party member on horseback, all ready for combat.

"How long do we have left?" said Leandros.

"Close." said Marius.

"By the way, what's with the hook and rope?"

"I might need it for the boss fight. I will teleported along with our horses so all of you are able to cover more grounds and help the villagers."

"That means you're going alone?" said Elena.

"Yes. The sooner I can stop the wave the better." said Marius.

"Be careful, Sir Marius." said Rino, while sharing the same horse with the Jormungandr.

Marius nodded. He looked up on his GUI and saw the timer reaching zero.

"Be prepare!"

With the ability from their weapons, all four of the hero party were teleported into the village that were attacked by the wave.

"Wait for me in the village once the wave is over!" and Marius galloped away to find the wave boss.

"Let's go! The villagers need us!" Leandros led the Spear Hero party towards the village.

"Hey!" said Elena.

"What!"

"I saw Marius looking at one of the Shield Hero's slave! Know anything about that!"