Love

~Next Day, Your POV~

Mentally I'm awake, but physically, my eyes haven't opened yet. Am I still in the foyer of the Black Knights? I force my eyes to open. I'm in my room, but how? I sit up and notice that it's well into the day.

"Mm..." I get up and get dressed in my school uniform, still a little dazed.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, get something to eat, Lelouch will be here in 5 minutes" I stare at Aaron for a while. For some reason it's like he's a stranger to me.

"Yeah...okay" I get out a bowl and pour some cereal. I remember showing Lelouch my geass, but I don't remember coming back here. I eat my cereal and fix my short hair within the 5 minutes.

*knock* *knock*

I grabbed my bag and go to the door. I open it and there stands the one and only Lelouch. It felt awkward to be around him. Why?

"Hi..."I slightly smile and avert my gaze away. I didn't want to make eye contact.

"Ready to go?" I nod as he moved aside and I walk past him. I figure it's about lunch time seeing how Lelouch came to get me.

"Are you still tired?" We walk side by side, me staring at the sidewalk.

"Mhm"

"You fell asleep yesterday and didn't even budge when I took you home" he explained.

"Well I still feel like I'm asleep right now. None of this feels real right now" I comment, kicking a rock. "I think for some reason that if I were to touch you, that you wouldn't be there. Like I'd be grasping into thin air" there was silence. A long pause. His next actions were surprising.

I felt the warmth of his hand against mine. He was there. This was real. I kept my eyesight down so he wouldn't see me blush. He wasn't letting go of my hand. I stopped before we entered the school gates.

"I might still be dreaming, but thanks for making me feel like I'm coherent" I pulled my hand away from his and took a couple steps closer to the gates. But that's all I took. All I could take. Two steps. Two steps before Lelouch did it. He did that thing.

He kissed me. This couldn't be true. There's no way Lelouch kissed me. I urgently pulled away from him and backed up some. I stared at him. But how? Was it a look of horror or pleasure plastered on my face?

I couldn't speak. Not now. I turned and began running. There's no way he would be able to keep up with me, he was never the most athletic of our family.

I ran to a large room that the student council met in once. I tried catching my breath and gathering my thoughts. This was normal. This was okay. Legally it was already supposed to happen, but somehow it is pulling at my heartstrings.

Alison always taught me to never take business matters to heart. She taught me that marriage was political, and that you shouldn't marry someone if they didn't have the same or higher social status as you. She said love was a bad thing. But was it really? Would it be okay if you loved the man you were married to for political reasons?

Would it be okay if you were family? Sometimes love just happens and there's no stopping it. Whether it be complete strangers, best friends, or family. Love hits you like cold air. Sometimes it feels nice, but sometimes it stings.

"Hello?" I heard a voice. I look around. "Hello? Is someone here?" That was Kollin.

"Kollin, I'm over here" I called out. At the moment, the only thing I need is the advice of a girl. Kollin came around the corner and looked surprised to see me.

"(F/B/N)? Are you okay? You're crying" I wipe my eyes, and sure enough I was crying.

"Uh...yeah...hey Kollin? Can I trust you?" I asked.