Late Night Call

"I'm home" I say as I shut the door. He looks relieved to see I'm alive and well.

"What happened while you were in there?" He pried.

"We'll talk about it over dinner" I suggest as I go to my room and take off my male clothing and change into a hoodie and sweatpants.

I sit down at the table set for two. Soon Aaron sets down a big bowl of soup in front of me and sits across from myself. He patiently awaited my speech on what happened.

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked, blowing on my soup.

"Yes"

"From everyone? Even my father?" He paused. Even though I made a contract with him, that was after he was hired as my personal butler. Hesitantly, he nodded.

"I drank alcohol" I wouldn't tell Aaron. He would flip.

"You did what?!" And there he goes. I guess he'd flip either way.

"Calm down. It was only a sip, I washed it down with a coffee. It'll be out of my system by tomorrow" I assured. He calmed down and started eating in silence. I ate as well, thinking of ways I could use my sewing machine without Aaron being suspicious.

"I bought some new clothes, they're a bit big so I'm going to make them smaller, I hope I won't keep you up" I comment.

"I wasn't planning on sleeping much anyway" I stayed quiet, knowing it would upset him more if I spoke further. After i ate I tried doing dishes but Aaron nudged me away. He was making me feel like a horrible person. Perhaps he was trying to guilt trip me?

I decided to just go to my room and start on the suit. I pulled out the mannequin with my measurements that I had made when I started dressing as a guy. I put the suit on it and started pinning and seeing it til it fit snugly.

It was 11 o'clock when I had finished so I turned out my light and laid down on my bed.

*Buzz* *Buzz*

My phone started buzzing so I groaned at it as I reached to my nightstand for it. It was an unknown number so I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey" I know this voice.

"Lelouch? What are you doin up so late?" I asked him, sitting up and turning my lamp back on.

"I can't sleep" that's strange, normally he doesn't bother anyone if he can't sleep.

"Well it's an honor that you call me when your insomnia kicks in. What, is C2 asleep?" I tease, hoping it will lighten the mood.

"Yes, but I think I'll be able to fall asleep easier if I talk to you" he explains. I doubt I'm his first choice of people to converse with, but it still makes me happy.

"Why me of all people?" I ask curiously.

"..." There was silence on the other end. "No reason" why did he hesitate?

"Hm...okay...how about we play truth?"

"What's truth?" He questioned.

"Where we ask a bunch of questions and you have to answer truthfully. God Lelouch, all this rebellion stuff has made your mind into an old man" I comment. I hear a slight laugh on his end and I know I'm doing well.

"Alright then....have you ever tried doing something you weren't sure about?" He asked me, the tone of his voice becoming more serious.

"....Yep, I have. Have you ever been serious about school?" I heard a gentle laugh.

"Only once, that was before I learned of gambling" I giggled softly. "Did you join the Black Knights for Zero, or for me?" I pause to think about it.

"Well you both are the same person with the same views, though Lelouch doesn't tell anyone that he has the same ideas of Britania as Zero" I slightly pause. "So I guess I joined for both" he was quiet but I could hear him breathing. "Do you have a crush on a girl yet, Lelouch?" I asked him, trying to lure away the silence.

"...yeah, I suppose I do. But the hope of reality is farfetching" I laughed a little. He does realize that if he got his act together he could have any girl he wanted, right? "What about you?"

I stopped. Was there someone I liked? Well...

"Well, I don't crush on girls, sorry. Buuuut, that Shirley girl seems to have some feelings for you" I could hear him groan. This wasn't the answer he wanted, but why did it frustrate him so much?

"I've noticed...hey, I'm tired now, thanks for staying up and talking to me" somehow I believe he predicted my next question.

"Anytime, goodnight" I say cheerfully.

"Sweet dreams" ten he hung up. Oh Lelouch. I saved his number to my phone and turned off my lamp, laying back down.