Seven: He's Not Too Smart

Start from the beginning

"Yes."

"Does that mean something?" Tommy asked from Vega's other side as Shyanne sat down next to Libby.

"It means I'm nervous." We all laughed as the lights dimmed, and everyone went quiet except for the rebels who kept whispering.

"Silence, and remember girls, don't take off your rings a day early. The office will know when you are supposed to take them off." Mr. Clemson spoke before the first video appeared on screen.

Throughout the presentation, there were tons of awe's, clapping, and comments. When Tally's showed, I couldn't help but let out a small squeal at how amazing the guy did.

Then Libby's came on, and there were lots of awe's and wow's due to how cute Lucas' idea was, I do admit that, and the editing I had helped him do to fit the different views on screen.

A few videos later, Shyanne appeared on screen, looking through the bookstore, suddenly grabbing a book. It was her favorite old Grimm's Fairytale storybook. She opened it and gasped at the heart that had been completely cut out, and a ring was sitting inside. Vega appeared and apologized for hurting a book, gifted her with a new one, and then proposed.

Everyone was still laughing at the horror on her face.

We waited and waited for what seemed like forever. Soon, the video appeared on the screen. Tons of people laughed as I spoke about my ignorance and obliviousness. When it came to the last part, it showed Tommy proposing and me hugging him before it switched to a camera that was following me up the stairs.

"You're kidding me." I muttered, and I felt Vega's hand grip mine.

"I promise I didn't know about this." There was a perfect view of us talking it out before the video changed to a picture of me showing off my ring to a waitress at the diner.

The auditorium went dark for a few seconds before the lights clicked on, and Mr. Clemon walked on stage.

"Thank you to all of you seniors for participating in Proposal Week. Luckily, there was no drama with mixed up girls that had to be fixed. I have seen many relationships start and people get engaged in this week. We ask that if anything goes wrong, that the school will not be blamed. Thank you and have a good weekend and then last week of school before Christmas Break."

All of the seniors clapped before people began to file out. "Let's wait until people get out before we leave." We all agreed with Tally and sat there as we waited.

"Hey. I have something to give y'all." I pulled the invitations from my bag and held them out. "Shyanne and I are holding a party this coming Wednesday, and we really want you to come. It's extremely important
." There were light chuckles as I passed them out to them before I stood up and started leading us out.

We all separated ways to go to our classes. On my way to my class, Robert caught up with me, panting.

"Hey, Ryla." He grinned. "That was an amazing proposal. How sweet."

"It really was. You did a great job with Harper."

"Psh, it was so lame." He started laughing, and I just shook my head.

"You did better than a bunch of boys, and that's what counts. She was happy." We high-fived and continued on our way to our next class in silence.

~

After classes, I headed over to the pool to get extra practice in with Missy. We started on dry land, doing a lot of versions of what drills can be done in the water, intervals and all.

She had me outside, bearing the cold in my tight capris, t-shirt, and sports jacket. My hair whipped behind me as I panted while sprinting. I knew that soon, she would have diving and swimming inside. It was a cycle I would have to get used to.