Part 5.

Cara

It's cold outside but too hot inside. I stand, smoking my last cigarette in the pack. "Hey." I turn to the voice.

"Hey." I smile.

"You got another?" Kendall asks me.

"I thought Kylie didn't like too smoking?" I ask her, handing her the cigarette. "It's my last one. Let's share."

"Kylie is doing damage control right now." Kendall says, she sounds pissed. I should probably find Taylor. Last I heard from Scotty she was throwing up. He was on about taking her home but she wouldn't leave, he wouldn't leave without letting me know.

"Is everything okay?" I try to ask in a way that is none-intrusive.

"It's fine." Kendall tells me, "word of advice — as friendly as you are, once your friends get married don't invite them out." She's slurring slightly and I can tell she's had probably too much to drink to be telling me about her married friends.

"Oh they invited me." I try to change the subject. She catches on. Catches herself. Smiles at me. Understands what I'm doing. "Forget it." She smiles again. "Thanks, Cara. Are you having a good night?" She passes the cigarette back to me.

I inhale. "I'm actually having a lot of fun." I tell her. I don't ask about hers. I can tell something has pissed her off and we've just got off the subject. "You're cooler than I expected Kendall." What is wrong with me? Why do I keep embarrassing myself? "Um, god that sounded awful."

She laughs. "You're good. I think you're cool too." She ponders. "Do you hang out at spots like this often?"

"No." I inhale. "I mean; I love a party. But I get the worst hangover anxiety. It actually starts whilst I'm still drinking." I laugh. "Haven't found the cure yet."

"When you find it, let me know." She says passing me her phone. She's on instagram. "Follow yourself." She says, and as I'm typing in my name —

"We're leaving!" A blonde girl mutters angrily to Kendall walking past her and to an all black car. Hailey Bieber. Kendall takes the phone from my hands. She rolls her eyes.

"See what I mean?" And she leaves. I didn't even find myself on her instagram. As if Hailey Bieber has just ruined my chance of friendship with Kendall Jenner.

I laugh at myself thinking she wouldn't even care to be friends with me sober. I drop the cigarette, grind my shoe into it and head inside. "Aaron!" I call, he turns round to look at me. His arm is over Justin Bieber. Try not care. "Sup mama!" He says, Justin looks back at me. I say nothing. "You good Ra?" I look back at Aaron.

"Uh, yeah. Where's Scotty and Tay?"

"Come 'ere." He calls me to come with his other arm. Obediently walk to him. "They left. Couldn't find you. Tay text you."

"Fuck." I pull out my phone.

"Party with us instead." Justin slurs. Oh, he's fucked up.

I need to go home. "Party for me." I laugh. "Do you know if they went to Tay's or Scottys?"

"Shit ma, I don't know." Aaron says. "You not got a way home?" He asks. "I'm staying at the opposite hotel if you need to crash."

I ponder. Van Nuys is like a forty minute drive and I don't want to pay for an Uber all the way back. "Maybe. When are you done up here?"

He pulls out his card, "Room 22 on the 9th floor shawty."

I take the card. Very very weird turn of events. "See you later." I say. I hear him and Justin laughing. I turn and walk out.

The door gets opened for me at the hotel. Fancy. I get the elevator up to the ninth floor and find room 22. Scan the card. Open the door. This place will have spare toiletries right?

No. But they do have mouthwash. And a minibar. To the minibar first. I take a mini bottle of rum and another, and another. Drink them all. Open the window. Only cracks open. Need a cigarette.

Find one loose one in my purse. Lucky night. And not even because I might get laid. Light the cigarette and smoke it out the crack of the window. Spray perfume to mask smell.

Gargle mouthwash. Wonder if I should book Uber home and just take the financial hit. Think "fuck if I'm here now." Spit out mouth wash. Take off harness. Kick off boots. Look at phone.

girk i for sick so scorty is taking me home

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

girk i for sick so scorty
is taking me home

cara it's scotty. i took
her back to ur place - sorry
we left. im crashing 2nite.

Yo cara are u good?

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Yo cara are u good?

Lemme know ur safe

Aight I'm sure ur good
call me if u need me

Thanks for getting Tay home. I'm just with
Aaron. See u tmrw

aaron says ur not with him

Will explain tmrw. But im good! Gn
seen 01:12

Should definitely just go home. Bed does look comfortable. Don't want to Uber. Climb into bed. Remember makeup is still on. Remember I'm too drunk to care. Was correct, bed is very comfy.

______________________________