033. 'and no one's ever helped this damsel in distress.'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

XXXIII

XXXIII. THE DAY THIS CINDERELLA WAS ACTUALLY SAVED BY HER PRINCE CHARMING. YAY. 

━━━━━━

"I think they lied

Where's my happy-ever-after?"

          IT WAS ONE THING TO be tied up, but having to be tied up while the smell of delicious barbeque reaching your nose and you can't even get the slightest of it? Now that was just testing her entire patience. Dodie had encountered her fair share of irritations in life, from troublesome gods to unruly demigods and annoying pedestrians in the streets of New York City — but this... This situation had her teetering on the edge of madness.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Dodie was hungry beyond the comprehension of the great human mind. After what had been merely granola bars for breakfast that she didn't even like, she was ready to feast on anything that was before her. She had practically not eaten for the whole day. She was hungry and she wanted a proper meal. And it surely didn't help that the ugly monster was purposely making her angry by flipping those deliciously sizzling burgers that were probably made from her dad's scared cows. But you know what? She couldn't find it in herself to care. Fuck those cows and fuck her dad. All she wanted was to eat. The humiliation of being tied up like some caged animal added to her aggravation.

"Get me out of here while I'm being nice, because you do not want to see an angry Dodie, you blithering idiot!" If it hadn't been for the gag in her mouth that was just put recently, Dodie would've been cursing the living daylights... which mayhaps that wouldn't be such a wise thing to say to her captors, considering they could easily kill her with one swift swing of their weapons... or the fact that the bloody dog could eat her whole. But she couldn't think. The only thing she could think of was those stupid burgers that she couldn't even have.

And clearly, it seemed that her impatience was nothing but contagious. Nico, who was tied up next to her in the opposite corner of Annabeth, Tyson, and Grover, offered a similar muffled frustration as hers as he rowdily struggled in the binds they were in. However, Dodie was too irritated to decipher his words. Her primary concern was her aching hunger.

Nico gazed at her with this hostility that made her want to bite him out of sheer spite if he kept on doing it. He let out another series of muffled words, and Dodie, finally at the edge of her patience, snapped her eyes at Nico warningly.

Look at me like that again, brat, and you won't even have eyes to see nice Dodie ever again.

And that seemed to do the trick as Nico recoiled from his emo rampage and almost seemed like he was ashamed, but Dodie couldn't register it properly. All she could do was focus on her grumbling stomach and the growling coming from beside her from Orthus, who was major offended that she even tried to shift herself into a more comfortable position. Oh, now she was wishing the bloody Labyrinth had finished her off al —