Chapter 4 + another apology LMAO

———

Tsukasa: Woah, we talked for longer than it felt like!
Read: 10:36PM

"Oh my.." Mafuyu softly let out. She suddenly felt very glad that her mother wasn't back home yet.

Yuki: Oh, you're right. I think I'm gonna go sooner or later, my mother will be back soon and I don't want to get in trouble for staying up later than I should.

Tsukasa: It's alright, don't worry about it!
Tsukasa: Rest well, remember to take care of yourself as well, alright?
Tsukasa: I'd hate to see my friends in a bad state, no matter if it's physically or mentally
Tsukasa: Good night <3

Yuki: ...Good night, Tsukasa. Same goes for you.
Read: 10:42PM

She would never admit it, but she almost burst into tears at his messages. They felt so genuine, even if it was text on a screen. They felt so heartwarming, so truthful compared to her mother's.

And the fact he even considered her as a friend despite the fact they only met today made her feel something so familiar yet so foreign.

She sighed and logged off Nightcord, taking off her earphones and turning off her computer. She needed time to think until she had to join her usual 1AM activities, composing music in secret.

She crawled on her bed and pushed the covers over herself, and she looked at the ceiling while she thought.

She didn't understand; why was it that she felt so much more comfortable around Tsukasa than her own parents? They just met, yet the energy he gave off, no matter if it was the self-centred one or the soft and caring one he had shown when they were both alone, made her feel things she could not describe. She felt at.. ease. Yeah, that could work for now.

"Tsukasa..." She subconsciously smiled as she muttered his name, and when she realised, she brought a hand up to the corner of her mouth, her eyes widening.

She sat upright and leaned against the wall behind her, and she looked out the window where she could see the bustling streets of Japan and the blinding lights.

She smiled again, feeling some sort of warmth in her heart at the thought of the boy understanding her and accepting her for who she is. She never felt like this before, and she didn't know if she wanted to keep feeling like this or if she wanted it to go away.

She grabbed her phone to check the time, and she saw it was almost 1AM. She was about to get up to go on her computer, but then she remembered that she didn't hear her mother arrive yet. The idea of her mother coming home after she logged on and seeing her awake and talking to "strangers" didn't sound very appealing, so she decided to go check herself if she was home.

She got up from her bed and silently walked out of her room, and she stood in the hallway as she tried to make out any light coming from under the door of her mother's room, or any noise.

When she didn't see or hear anything, she deemed that she wasn't home yet and was about to turn around and head back to her room when she heard someone calling her name.

"Mafuyu... What are you doing awake at this time..?"

Mafuyu slowly turned around and she faced her mother that had just come back.