Chapter 147 - Tartarus

Start from the beginning

"Have you come down here to gloat Asmodeus for my betrayal or is there any reason for such a visit?"

"Gloat? Oh Dionysus, you really have no idea how much of a favour I've done you right now"

"Favour? You think ratting on me to Zeus and getting me imprisoned, is a favour?"

"The heavens are currently in a civil war young God, with no winner in sight. This is unironically the safest place for you right now, especially considering how much power you've stolen for that incarnate of yours"

The knowledge this demon lord has is honestly baffling. He seems to know everything that I've done, everything that's going on behind the scenes and even the power I stole for her. He's obviously been onto me for much longer than I first realized.

"What about the others then? Please tell me they haven't all ended up in similar or worse fates"

"You mean the people that were conspiring with you? All of them have gone silent and are currently hiding, probably waiting for the day they truly believe there is a chance Zeus can be defeated. You really don't want to be up there right now, believe me"

"At least give me something a little more than that Asmodeus, that's not really much to go off"

"To give you a rough example then... Ragnarök has completely lost all faith in your father and even a good portion of you Olympians have now chosen sides, Athena's disappearance has also turned heads thought to be loyal as well. The angels aren't doing shit like usual, still fixated on the only evil out there being us demon folk"

Ragnarök has gone against Zeus? Fuck, the entire heavens are in uproar from the volcano news getting out it seems. Normally, they wouldn't care about something like this and if anything, they care little for volcanos but going this far? It's the fact Zeus has tried to hide and cover this up, they still care for the elves and dwarfs since their religion is supposed to loosely based around their beliefs.

Already knew about Athena disappearing, she knew this would end up madness so best not to stick around. As for the angels, they are the laughing stocks of the heavens because of the pure fixation on demons. Everyone knows not to trust a demon but the angel would sacrifice everything in order to destroy evil, even if there would be no good left in the world.

"Then, isn't this the perfect time to attack? You obviously aren't on father's side so why are you here?"

"Heh, nonsense. If I were to join in with the beauty happening up there, I'd end up facing his wraith just as everyone else. What they're doing right now is suicidal"

By the sounds of it, most of the heavens may be in civil war but Zeus would still hold the majority of power. It's not that surprising considering he's the strongest, just having more people wouldn't be enough. Even if every single God and Goddess were to turn against him, it's still a debate on who would actually win.

"You still didn't answer on why you're even down here. You couldn't have hitched a ride from Charon to the underworld just to inform me about current events?"

The demon, unlike the rest of the conversation seems to pause slightly. This seems slightly out of character for him.

"I did want to see how you were but honestly... I'm also hiding for the time being. The rest of the demonic world weren't supposed to find out about my tiny involvement in this till later on so my plans have been put on hold for now"

"Tiny involvement!? You literally commanded the entire majin army to invade the mortal world and failed miserably. You make it sound like it was nothing"

The demon almost looks a little irritated from what I just said there, almost as if he thinks I'm belittling him or something.

"Do you really think that little of me Dionysus, that what I've done wasn't on purpose? I literally made sure to poison that entire force before the battle itself! Listen young God, there's a reason for everything, trying to wipe out my entire race is something that doesn't concern you"