"Stop with the chatter. Let's go," Orochimaru cut in. And the three disappeared without a trace.

I began healing myself but was exhausted after using too much chakra. Everyone was in their own state of despair or whatever they were feeling. I didn't like how they looked.

Sasuke had once again hurt the people I cared for. I couldn't keep standing longer but as Naruto cried I felt a new hot burning anger fill me which kept me from falling over.

"Crying... Crying won't bring Sasuke back home! I'm here! I'll get stronger with you!," Sakura encouraged and comforted Naruto as she herself cried.

"We've got... close to six months left, right? It goes without saying that three are better than two. Besides, I'm pretty strong myself," Sai joined in.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything to encourage or comfort Naruto. All I felt was pain and anger. All I could think about was killing Sasuke for hurting them over and over again.

'Thanks Sai... It would mean a lot to them... Those words coming from you... I'm grateful that you were able to when I couldn't bring myself to say anything...' I thanked him silently in my mind.

"Thanks...," Naruto replied. Both Naruto and Sakura had stopped crying by that point. They seemed better now.

"Ughh," I fell to my knees as my anger had calmed down seeing them better and I began to feel my body aching all over.

"Y/n!," All of their attention turned towards me. I sat a little more comfortably and reached for my pouch.

Sakura came over complaining, "Honestly! You all overdo things! What's with all these wounds! I had just taken care of the other wound a few hours ago!"

"I wouldn't just wait in restraint watching someone try to hurt Naruto. I-I mean people I care for! So I tried to break them and a few pieces pierced here and there," I replied taking out my medical supplies from a scroll.

Sakura healed the severe ones in which some particles of wood remained and told her to applied salve and bandage to others. I didn't want her to complain anymore.

We were done and left immediately, resting along the way. Soon we found ourselves in Lady Tsunade's office. Captain Yamato reported the event and we waited for her response.

"I see...," Lady Tsunade responded.

"So?," Lady Tsunade asked after a moment of silence.

"We aren't giving up!," Naruto responded.

"Okay, I will issue your next mission immediately. Stand by at home until I contact you!," Lady Tsunade said.

3rd POV

When they walked out of the building Y/n sighed with relief. The others looked at her. "I am really relieved! I thought I would die if I go on a mission immediately! Ah~ Finally a fluffy bed and warm bath," Y/n felt happy to be back.

"Yes. It been days since I had a warm bath too," Sakura said.

"Hey Sakura. Let's go on a date together," Naruto turned to Sakura.

Y/n glared at him from the other side. "Have you forgotten what Lady Tsunade said just now?," Sakura asked.

"Huh?! What did she say again?," Naruto asked.

"We're supposed to stand by at home until Team Kakashi's next mission has been determined, right?!," Sakura replied.

"What? She won't find out if we just go out for a while!," Naruto said.

"Why don't you go by yourself if you want to go out on a date?," Sakura replied.

"I won't be able to go on a date by myself," Naruto said.

"Why don't you we go on a date then?," Y/n smiled as she held onto Naruto's arm from the other side.

"Wh-What? No!," Naruto said quickly in a flustered state.

Naruto couldn't think of anything to say and hastily wanted to put distance between them. He felt his cheeks grows hot from Y/n's touch and couldn't think straight. He could feel her breast touch his arm.

Y/n let go hearing Naruto reply. Feeling her heart breaking but put on an indifferent attitude quickly so that Naruto wouldn't realise.

"Well whatever. I needed to rest anyway," Y/n shrugged but Sakura felt bad for her.

"By the way, what about your activity Sai?," Naruto tried to change the subject.

"I'm gonna go on ahead. See you all later," Y/n said waling away without waiting for a reply. She just wanted to bath, eat and sleep so that she could recover from the mission and the rejection earlier.

Y/n didn't realise that Naruto had rejected her not because he disliked the idea but because he was flustered and his mind had shut down by their close proximity.

-------------------------------

Hey guys! How have you been? What do you think of this chapter? Did you enjoy it?? Hehe. I can't wait for the mext chapter, it's going to be interesting one 😁 Anyway! Thanks for reading! See you next time 👋
Take care of yourself 😘 Love you my babies 💕 Hugs for you ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ Have a great day ahead 😊