Chapter 42

The Next Day…
‘Ugh. Why didn’t I do my laundry yesterday? Now I have to wear this! It’s going to be really annoying’ I thought as I looked down at the clothes that I was wearing, already annoyed.

After doing my laundry and meditating to calm myself a little, I walked out of the house. Turning around a corner I saw Naruto there and a smile lit my face. It was afternoon and I wouldn’t mind an early lunch.

“Naruto-kun!,” I called out with a smile.

Naruto turned around and had a smile on his face and he walked over to me. “Will you go to eat ramen with me?,” I asked.

“Of course! Let’s go it’s my treat!,” Naruto said excited and I felt happy.

3rd POV

As Naruto and Y/n walked towards Ichiraku Ramen Shop, Kiba and Shino passed them by on their way to Hyuga Compound. Kiba and Akamaru began to sniff the air and were confused.

“Y/n?,” Kiba called out carefully as he turned in their direction.

Y/n turned to look at him and Naruto shouted from besides her, “She is not Y/n! She is Sakura-chan!”

Y/n then remembered that she was wearing Sakura’s clothes and got angry. She turned back to Naruto and punched him hard, sending him flying to the wall behind.

“Arghhh. I hate this!,” Y/n shouted in anger.

Team 10 who were walking about to go on a mission hear the shout and walked over to see what was happening. (Asuma included of course.)

“Billboard brow. What are you shouting for? Stupid,” Ino said.

Y/n turned to her angry and glared daggers at her. “She isn’t Sakura. She is Y/n,” Shikamaru pointed out.

“Huh?,” Ino was confused.

“Why are you wearing Sakura’s clothes?,” Choji asked.

“Because all my clothes are dirty and in laundry,” Y/n explained.

“Shika! We are going to get a new dress! Right now!,” Y/n said as she glared at him.

“Y/n we have a mission,” Shikamaru explained.

Y/n turned her glare to Asuma who was smoking and he shrugged, “We still have 15 minutes.”

With that Y/n dragged Shikamaru with her. Ino and Choji followed along. Kiba went after them laughing, wanting to amuse himself and pulled Shino along. Naruto walked after the group, wanting to apologize to Y/n.

Y/n and Shikamaru entered a clothing shop while the others waited outside not wanting to crowd the shop. She takes Shikamaru to the ladies section and looks around.

“Shika, pick a dress for me. I’m too confused what to choose. Most of them are my type but I can’t choose one,” Y/n said with a pout after a few minutes.

Shikamaru sighs and glances at the clothes around him listlessly when something caught his eye. He walked over and then passed it to Y/n. Seeing the dress Y/n smiled happily. Walking to the trial room, she changed into the beautiful kunoichi outfit Shikamaru chose for her.

(This Yukata

(This Yukata. It is probably from another anime. I don’t know the name. But this would look good on slightly tanned skin of Y/n. So I chose this one. I hope you like it.)

Y/n walks out the trail room a smile on her face. Shikamaru was looking around with his back towards the trail room.

“Shika!,” Y/n called out, happiness clear in her voice.

Shikamaru turned around and blinked as he kept staring at her. He knew the yukata was pretty and would look good on Y/n. But he didn’t think it would be perfect on her. Y/n gave Shikamaru a big happy smile and he blushed slightly.

“It’s pretty…,” Shikamaru said before he began walking towards the counter.

With that they bought the dress and Y/n kept it on, having Sakura’s clothes packed instead and walked out.

“Hey guys!,” Y/n called out happily, getting their attention.

Immediately all of them started blushing, even Ino had a slight blush. “You’re looking pretty Y/n,” Choji complimented.

“Thanks Choji!,” Y/n exclaimed feeling giddy and as a pretty blush appeared on her face.

“It’s pretty..,” Kiba said and others agreed.

“Shika chose it for me! Isn’t he the best?,” Y/n said as she hugged his arm feeling too happy.

Everyone started talking at once. Meanwhile, Naruto who was at the back of the group got annoyed. He didn’t like that Y/n was wearing something Shikamaru chose for her, nor did he like her hugging Shikamaru like it was natural.

Naruto felt weird feelings that he had never experienced with anyone else before. Deciding to push it away he shook his head. Team 10 left as Asuma-sensei came to call for them. Kiba and Shino were going their way too. Taking the opportunity Naruto walked towards Y/n.

“Y/n,” He called out.

“Oh! Naruto-kun! How do I look?,” Y/n asked him a bit shyly, wanting him to notice her.

“Uh.. You’re looking good,” Naruto replied.

“Thank you!,” Y/n said but she felt bad as it felt he didn’t compliment her wholeheartedly.

“I wanted to say that I am sorry for earlier,” Naruto said.

“Oh that. I’m sorry too. I had forgotten that I wore Sakura’s clothes,” Y/n said.

Naruto and Y/n had ramen together as they were going to earlier and parted ways afterwards. Everyone were yet again reminded of how similar Sakura and Y/n looked.

-----------------------------------

Hey guys. How are you doing? I hope you enjoyed this chapter hehe. Let me know how it was. Thank for reading. Don't forget to take care of yourself and love yourselves 😘 I love you my babies 💕 Hugs for you ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ Have a great day!