35. Finale

"You're back."

Eiko observed the blue spiral decorations taped to the plain ceiling. "Did you guys really plan all of this just for me coming back? Is that why you asked if I was coming today, Yunseo?"

"Yup. You'd be surprised to hear that the boss allowed us to do this, too. But it was all part of our plan to welcome you back. How did we do?" She asked with her signature dimple-acquainted smile.

"Hmm. Could have been better. Overall, six out of ten, I don't recommend," Eiko playfully murmured. Seeing the disappointed frown on Yunseo's face made Eiko chuckle aloud. "I'm just kidding. I'm flattered, touched even. Thanks, you guys."

"Of course!" Jihoon cheerfully chimed. "You can tell us–if you want to–what happened another time. First, we have to celebrate that you're back for now. But before that, I wanna know who was that guy that came to pick up that book for you." She gently nudged Eiko with her elbow and raised her eyebrows.

"That's personal information," Roeun chastised, "What happened to, hey Eiko, welcome back, or we missed you?"

"Fine," Jihoon huffed, turning her back to Roeun who rolled her eyes. She then put on a smile over her nonchalant expression and spoke, "Hey Eiko, welcome back, we missed you. Now, who was that guy you sent to pick up that book?"

"Jihoon," Roeun authoritatively mumbled.

"Rouen," Jihoon snickered.

"Why was I brought into the conversation?" Hira grumbled.

"Technically you weren't," Roeun stated, a matter-of-fact tone to her voice.

"If we take the fact that Jihoon had to mention when I misheard your name, then yes, in a way, I was."

"Then maybe you shouldn't have misheard my name." Crossing her arms, Roeun stuck her chin in the air.

Eiko immediately searched for Yunseo's gaze and they immediately shook their heads at the other's incessant and childish bickering when they made eye contact. "These are our seniors," Eiko murmured,

"Yeah. Surprisingly."

===

Eiko had never seen Sunghoon more rigid. With Yunseo in the room, all he had done was sit in his chair, his body taut and tense. He had his lips pressed into a line, slightly puffing his cheeks and revealing the dimples in them. He glanced at Yunseo sometimes as if he was waiting for her to pull out some sort of weapon.

Eiko almost felt bad that the boy was so introverted. Yunseo was a kind girl, almost fictionally sweet the way she interacted with others, it was Eiko's job to get Sunghoon to understand that before he posed the girl as a threat.

"So you called us over," Jay mentioned.

"Right. I know you guys don't know Yunseo but I figured it'd be easier to tell her when I tell you guys and vice versa, so that's why I invited her to make it easier. I trust Yunseo with this information. I'm sure of it," Eiko said.

"Did you commit a murder?" Yunseo abruptly inquired, "If you did, I crack under pressure so if the police interrogate me enough the truth will in fact be coming out."

Eiko had to facepalm. "No. Just, no, Yunseo. Let me speak first."

"Okay, phew, because if you did, you had the wrong one."

Eiko shook her head and chose not to respond to Yunseo's last statement.

"Eiko would be the last person in here to commit a murder," Jake said.