3

Fantasy rules state that vampires burn in the presence of daylight. Eiko unfortunately learned to separate fantasy and real life. Eiko also learned that as a result of that, vampires don't in fact turn to ashes in the sun.

Eiko just saw Ni-ki walk in, and now she's looking at his order. It shouldn't be a surprise that vampires lived regular lives, as regular as they could get. But Eiko was caught off guard and stunned.

Caramel Frappuccino an assorted macaron set. Well at least he had taste.

Eiko must have been late to his order, half way through with the drink a tray was placed beside her. It had different flavored macarons presented in a see-through box. All that needed to be added was the drink and Eiko frowned. How coincidental was it that this made her have to deliver it to him herself?

Her world was getting flipped upside down. Eiko was never this unlucky until she had moved to Block A.

She swirled the caramel around and clicked the top on. Eiko added the sticker and settled the full cup on the tray. She curled her fingers around the handle and left from behind the counter.

"Ni-ki," Said Eiko with a fixed tone, as if they were strangers and they were. As if that weird and bizarre encounter never happened. She placed the tray on the surface and removed the macarons first along with the frappuccino.

He stared even after her complimentary thanks. He said and did nothing in response to that.

Eiko refrained from scrunching her face. Rude much? She thought as she held back the scoff that bubbled in her throat. Eiko took the tray up and walked away, letting go of her 'customer' smile. Eiko didn't like to think ill of people, but she couldn't help but think that the little exchange was a bit odd. Interesting.

"I need to talk to you."

Eiko turned to face him. "I can't. I'm busy and I don't have time for chit-chat."

When Ni-ki looked up at her with those piercing eyes of his, Eiko felt like her lungs were clogged. And just like last time her feet were stuck in place. Adding onto it, the ache in her head transitioned to dizziness.

"You don't have a choice. I have to tell you this as much as you need to hear it," Ni-ki's voice was so cold Eiko wondered if it ever carried warmth. He seemed bored out of his mind and disinterested in what was served to him. "It's about Block A if you need convincing."

Eiko looked around, her grip tightened on the tray. Customers were filling tables and entering orders left and right. And this wasn't a five man job. "I can't. Just tell me later, no, don't tell me later. Tell me never, I'm moving away from this place. I don't want to hear anymore about Block A."

"Can you stop being annoying for one second? It's not hard to listen when you need to, just shut up."

Eiko lost the voice to speak up in offense, her mouth slightly agape. She clenched her jaw and shut her mouth.

"Eiko? What's going on? Do we have an issue?" The manager, Mr. Lim, worriedly asked from a distance.

Frustrated and indignant at how she acquiesced to whatever Ni-ki wanted, she puffed her cheeks. "Yes. I'm fine," Eiko gave him a dismissive smile but looked back at Ni-ki with a straight lipped frown. "What do you want? Make it quick."

Ni-ki sighed and leaned back against the chair. "You can't move out."

"Why can't I? I'm moving out if I want to, I don't want to live there where my life is endangered." Eiko gritted out.

"It's not that easy." Ni-ki voiced first. "You can't leave Block A like that, unless you want to cut your life shorter than it already is."

What do you mean? Eiko thought rather than questioned out loud. But her confusion was shown across her face.