4

"Woah you're really good at this." Eiko stared at the defeated screen once again. They've been going on a couple of rounds of some shooter game and Eiko lost each and every one. Granted this was her first time coming to this gaming cafe let alone playing a game like this against someone else.

"And you really suck at this," Jay teased with a laugh of his own. Eiko gave him a friendly glare but ended up smiling.

"Practice makes perfect. When I get better I'm going to beat you and win every match," Eiko boasted with confidence. She scooted her chair back and pointed over at Jay's victory screen. "That'll be me."

Jay caught a small glimpse of Eiko and let out an amused scoff. "We'll see if it happens."

Eiko shook her head and waved her finger. "No. We'll see when it happens." She leaned back in her chair. "Wanna order something? I'm getting hungry."

"You want to eat here?" Jay asked, confusion was in his tone but Eiko didn't know why.

"Yeah, why not? We can just order it and then boom it's here," Eiko explained, using her hands to emphasize.

Jay pursed his lips thin. "There's a few places around here that I know of. If they aren't within walking distance I can drive you there."

Eiko squinted her eyes. "You didn't drive here though."

"I live close by. It's not a far distance," Jay said back. Eiko just shook her head.

"No, it's fine. That's a lot of work." Eiko turned back to her computer and opened the food catalog. "There's a lot of options. I'll get the corn dog." Her eyes scanned over the screen. "Oh! And a vanilla latte."

Jay grimaced. "A corn dog and a vanilla latte? That's kind of a weird combination."

Eiko rolled her eyes. "Lot's of talk coming from someone who just lost to me in valorant," she snickered and pointed her finger over at Jay. Seeing him grow indignant, she couldn't help but laugh.

"I won against you. You're the loser," Jay retorted, scrunching his face.

Eiko spoke over his words the sound of disagreement. "I didn't take you to be a liar, Jay" She dramatically put a hand over her chest. "How dare you?"

Jay faced his computer too. He tried to show feigned frustration, but the grin broke his facade. "Whatever you say, Eiko. Okay, I'm the one that lost." Eiko gave him a satisfied hum. "I'll get a caramel macchiato."

"You're not hungry?" Eiko questioned.

"No," Jay answered. "I'll pay for the both of us, okay?"

"Oh, you don't have to."

Jay waved his hand, signaling her not to worry about it. "It's not much. Think of it as a treat from me."

Eiko tilted her head to the side as if she were to think about it. Truth be told, she was on the idea as soon as Jay had said it. So she agreed. "Sure."

===

"So when did you meet Jake?" Eiko took another bite from her corndog. She was walking with Jay to who knows where, they've just been conversing as they walked since they left the cafe.

"It was a few years ago, maybe three? I met him at a highschool party mixed with Scylla and Gyula students, we kind of just interacted there and since then we became friends," Jay described. "I remember the first thing he said to me was–Ronaldo or Messi?"

Eiko laughed. "Yeah that's something he would say. He was a soccer fanatic back in highschool. He was basically the best player."

Jay nodded. "Yeah I heard. Our team always hated going up against theirs."