Murphy's Law

[next morning]

[ava wakes up and looks over and sees murphy lying down beside her shirtless and she smiles while giving him a kiss which wakes him up]

murphy: morning...

ava: good morning...

murphy: last night was fun...

ava: it was...

[murphy then gets up getting changed and starts looking for something]

ava: lose something

murphy: yea...my knife...i must have dropped it last night...

ava: it will turn up

[ava then gets up getting changed and the two kiss and head out to the camp]

[bellamy's tent]

[while murphy is outside working, ava , bellamy, clarke, and octavia are talking about finding wells dead] 

Clarke: This Knife was made of metal from the dropship.

Octavia: What do you mean?

Clarke: Who else knows about this?

Octavia: No one. We brought it straight here.

Bellamy: Clarke?

Clarke: It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us.

ava: So, there's a murder in the camp?

Bellamy: There's more than one murder in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet.

Clarke: Get out of my way, Bellamy.

Bellamy: Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved... the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us.

Clarke: Oh, good for you, you mean. What... keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?

Bellamy: Yeah. That's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do... just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose Knife that is.

Clarke: Oh, really? J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know.

[ava then freezes]

ava: clarke...that is not possible....

[clarke just ignores ava and marches outside to where murphy is standing]

Murphy: No water till this section is up! What? What are you staring at, huh?

Clarke: You son of a bitch!

Murphy: What's your problem?

Clarke: Recognize this?

Murphy: It's my Knife. Where'd you find it?

Clarke: Where you dropped it after you killed Wells.

Murphy: Where I what? The Grounders killed Wells, not me.

Clarke: I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it.

Murphy: Really? Bellamy...ava, you really believe this crap?

Clarke: You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells.

Murphy: Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the Chancellor that locked us up.

Clarke: Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a Knife fight with him.

Murphy: Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either.