13: Cold (Betrayal AU)

Comincia dall'inizio

Why would he believe you? You exiled him. You nearly sent him to his death. Sabre would have died had Void not found him. Funny the 'evil' Darkness cared for someone more than the Chromatics.

You learned nothing from Rainbow, haven't you? Pushing your two friends to the Darkness, ruining their lives.

Rainbow didn't ask to be the hero. Sabre didn't ask to be the catalyst. Rainbow didn't ask to be killed by someone he put his trust into. Sabre didn't ask to be taken from his world and put in one that wouldn't not care for him as it should.

Light pulled energy up from the Light Crystal, the coldness that made its home in him long ago, settled deeper. The gut twisting emotions froze and faded under the energy.

Logic and facts. That's all Light needed. Logic and facts.

— —

The Leaders sat around the table, each one quietly conversing with one another as they waited for the Yellow Leader to arrive. It reminded Light of meetings at the Rainbow Kingdom.

Addressing the issues that cropped up. Sabre, with the kindness a Leader should have, helping as much as he could.

The Steves turning their back on him. The death threats becoming more and more common. Discussing Sabre and the Steves' reaction. The hatred that was beginning to boil over.

Discussing Sabre's exile. Informing Sabre. The closed off expression but the tear choked words.

He trusted you and you betrayed him. Sabre simply gave back the hatred he was given.

Light pulled more energy up, sighing when the emotions froze over. He wiped a few ice particles off the table.

Yellow Leader chose that time to walk in, looking worse for wear. They all did nowadays. The room was silent as everyone waited for Yellow to take a seat.

"Light," Orange turned and smiled at him. It was strained. "Please tell me you have good news."

Light nodded, and everyone brightened up. "The attack on Void's lair was successful." He droned.

Violet cheered while others broke out into smiles. "The Darkness...it's gone?" Blue Leader asked.

Light nodded. Sabre was gone.

He pulled more energy from the Light Crystal.

"What about the plan with Sabre?" Indigo asked.

Uncomfortable warmth of red blood covered his hands and arm. Sabre struggling to breathe as Light try to stop the blood flow. The scent of iron filling the room to the point he could almost taste it. Stabbed in the back, unable to even-

Light yanked on the energy, feeling the cold settle into his bones. Ice coated his arms and legs. He let out a breath. "Failure." He replied.

The others looked at him, each one with a questioning gaze. "So we need to send out search parties?" Orange sighed. "That's going to be a pain."

Light shook his head. "As of yesterday morning, Void, Soul, Corruption, Shadow, and Sabre were all slain."

The room fell silent, before Violet stood up suddenly, their chair screeching on the floor. "I'mgonnaberightback!" They rushed the words out, before fleeing the room.

The room was left silent as they all processed the news. Orange hung his head. "We caused this..." He mumbled to himself.

Yellow looked unsure. "Sabre willing chose to join Void." He pointed out.

"After we exile him!"

Yellow huffed. "And? He could have made a home far away and-"

"Sabre lost his ability to break blocks during his exile. He was unable to make a shelter or collect any items for survival." Light corrected. "The chance of him dying because of that greatly increased."

"Light..." Green spoke softly. "Are you okay?"

Light nodded. "The Crystal dislikes excessive emotion, so I currently am unable to process them at this time. Other than that, I am fine."

Sabre, with a gentle smile, holding his hand out as Light looked up at him. A training sword rested in one hand while the other waited for him to reach up and grab it.

The ice Light purposely put over his emotions thawing the slightest amount. "You'll get in no time Shy- ah, Light! You're a natural!"

"Thank you for teaching me to us a sword."

"Anything for a friend!"

Light covered the escaping emotions with more of the Crystal's cold energy. His fingers went numb, and each time he let out a breath, a cloud was visible.

"Why don't we reconvene at a later date?" Green offered. "While we process the news and inform our people."

Everyone nodded, each one standing up and slowly shuffling out of the room, leaving Light alone.

Ice swirled around his arms. Faintly, it reminded him of Darkness slowly corrupting a Steve. Except the Darkness was gone.

And so was Sabre.

— — —

Meanwhile, Sabre, in the World Below: *cackling like a mad man, because fire AND his old enemies*

— — —

Words: 1336