Part 7

The bus doors opened, and I walked out. I had to get home because I had to do some explaining to my mom... I quickly walked to my house.

 When I finally came home, my mom was already waiting for me. 

'Hi-' 'WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?', my mom shouted. 'Mom, please-', I tried, but Mom cut me off, 'Are you serious? Go to your room!' 

'I have a relationship...', I said, trying to stay calm. 'What...?', she said, in disbelief. 'Do I really have to tell you again that you cannot date? Who is this guy?' 

'Girl, I am dating a girl', I corrected her. 'I... What-', my mom was in total shock and didn't know how to respond. 'I'm sorry, Mom, but this girl is just amazing... And I want to be with her, forever', I said.

 'You can kick me out, I don't care', she made her way upstairs, with tears in her eyes. I picked up my phone and started calling Madison. I needed her right now.

 'Hi?' 'Madison', I said. 'Love, is everything okay?', Madison asked. 'I think I am going to get kicked out... I just kind of came out to my mom', I shivered. I thought about the things I said to my mom, and I wanted to die right now. 

'It is okay, you can stay with me for a bit then', Madison replied. 'Thanks, I have to go now, love you!', I said, and Madison said bye. I ended the phone call.

 I walked upstairs, and my mom's bedroom door was closed. I think I heard a bit of sobbing. I made my mom sad again, but I didn't care.

 I walked to my room, but then I heard Mom talk. 'What should I do, William...?', Mom sobbed. William? That was my dad's name. Was my mom talking to my dad?

 I walked to her door and listened. 'Support her? How? It is not allowed to be in love with a girl...', mom replied, still crying. 'You want her to be happy? Support her, Jane...', I could catch from my dad's voice. 'Sure, I will try, I love you...', I heard a beep, and she hung up.

 Did Dad really leave us, because he didn't love us? Do they call often? I had so many questions. 'Grace...?', Mom opened the door. Shoot, I had to leave already... 'Hey Mom, I think we should talk...', I said, my mother nodded.

"Who were you talking to...?", I ask carefully. "Uh, colleague from work, no one special...", she was acting odd. I had to ask more about this.

"Why did you say I love you then?", I fired the question and looked straight into my Mom's blue eyes. "What, I didn't-", she stopped for a few seconds. "Did you overhear my conversation?", she asked, furious. 

"Mom, I swear, I didn't mean to!", I try to make up an excuse in my head. "What on Earth is wrong with you, Grace?!", she yelled. "I cannot handle this anymore, I need to-", her words disappeared, and she walked up the stairs.

There I stood, all alone. My eyes filled with tears. Don't cry, Grace, don't cry. You are not a baby, don't be so dramatic! Once I repeated the words in my head, I thought about a memory.

"Gracie, get away from the cookies! Stop eating, you'll end up fat!", my mom told me. I was 5 years old, and I loved my grandma's cookies so much. I always found my way to eat a few of them.

"But, Mommy! Grandma made them for me, she said I could have all of them!", I gave my mother puppy eyes, but she wouldn't let me have any more cookies. I got pretty upset, and my eyes started to fill with tears.

"Grace, are you going to cry about that? What are you, a baby? Stop being so dramatic!", Mom said, harshly. "But, Mommy-", my voice broke, and tears started to flow. "Stop crying, get over yourself, Grace!", my mother walked away, and I stood there. All alone, tears flowing.

When the memory ended, I found myself crying. Jesus, why am I so dramatic?