Chapter 4: Hathor Cook Off

Voice cast:

Steve Yeun as Derik Knight
Alice Lee as Nicole Suwan
Jace Norman as Galen
Max Charles as Liuer
David Jason as Yar
Frank Welker as Mr. Unga
Landry Baker as Zoey Unga
Laila Berzins as Semanggi Clover
Jim Cummings as Mayor Augustus
---------------------------

It was another beautiful day in the magical, tropical world known as Primatia. The sun in the blue sky. The trees, grass, flowers and lilypads of the jungle and grasslands were green and healthy. And a random monkey was being carried away by a flock of crane-like birds. "Aah! Help! Somebody help me!"

Meanwhile, on the ground, Derek was sitting with Nicole as she showed Galen and Liuer her phone. The two monkeys were wondering why she was always on it, so she decided that it was time to show them what it could do. Now she was showing them a video of her cat Athena. She was a small black cat with white paws, huge yellow eyes, white fur on her chest. At the end of her tail, she had a splotch of white.

"And this bad boy is my kitty Athena," she said, showing a video of Athena cleaning herself, before looking at the camera and meowing. "You guys would like her. She's got fire."

"Ooh!" Galen awed as he took the phone from Nicole and brought it closer to Liuer for him to see.

"Aw, she's so tiny! I feel huge!" Yelled the six-eared monkey.

Galen turned to Derek and asked, "Do you have any pets, Derek?"

"Hell yeah," Derek said, pulling out his phone. He turned the phone to them and showed a picture of him holding a German Shepard. "His name's Archie. He's a real mischief maker."

"Hmm. I see," Galen said after looking at Nicole's dog phone for a moment. He then reached behind his back. "I will..." he suddenly pulled out a hammer. "...set them free!"

Nicole quickly swiped her phone away before Galen could bring his hammer down on it. Smashing the ground instead. "Please stop doing that," she requested sternly. Her partner chuckling a little.

But just then, Derek smelt something in the air. He sniffed the air and after a few second, cringed when a very foul smell entered into his nostrils. Causing him to cry out in disgust. "BLAUG! The fuck!? What is that horrible stench?!"

"Ugh!" Nicole cried in pain, as she covered her eyes. When she removed her hands, she revealed them to be a little bloodshot. "It's burning my eyes! Did something crawl under the house and die?"

Galen sniffed the air and the horrible truth hit him. "Worse, guys. Much worse. Grandpa is cooking!"

...

The four teenagers walked back to the house, where the smell was coming from. Galen walked ahead of them and grabbed the handle of the door.

"Brace yourselves," he said.

"Brace ourselves for what?" Nicole asked as Galen opened the door.

The moment he did, the horrible smell that had built up inside the house was immediately released into the world like a flood. Knocking Derek and Nicole to the ground while Nicole held onto Liuer's hand. Galen was sent flying after he was unable to hold onto the door any longer.

"I'm calling it: Yar's cooking is capable of killing more people than cyanide," Derek said with a deadpan expression.

They entered the house and walked into the kitchen, where the smell was definitely coming from. Yar peered into a cookbook and was preparing something unholy with only the foulest of ingredients. All while humming to himself. He chopped up some blue mushrooms and poured them into a pot of boiling grossness. He stirred it up with a wooden spoon, and then took a sip of it to check the flavor.