𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

Andrea groans loudly. "I'm sorry about them they're-" she freezes staring at something behind me.

I turn slowly knowing my feelings on who it might be is correct.

Dominic stood there his arms crossed.

He clenches his jaw and scans the room, though his eyes never land on me.

"Lev, back to work. Salvatore, I believe you have a meeting in five minutes. Andrea, my files haven't been uploaded; Luca, my office. I need to remind you of the rules. Do not flirt with my fiancée." He says sternly.

Lev takes his sweet time, making his way to the front door where he usually stands and Andrea and Salvatore disappear in seconds into the hallways.

Luca huffs and slowly drags his feet towards Dominic's office, giving me a cheeky grin first.

Dominic clears his throat and exits the kitchen not even sparing me a glance.

I let out a quiet breath and rubbed my tired eyes.

"You need some more coffee dear?" I hear Irina's voice boom into the quiet room.

I nod, not uttering a word.

I carefully watch as Irina pours the liquid into my mug and then pours the milk and adds sugar right after.

Irina folds her arms across her chest and scans my face. "Oh, sweetheart." She suddenly says, wrapping her arms around me. I let out a sad sigh.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. My mind is running in circles and I don't know if the choices I make are right anymore." I let out, stressed.

"My love, I'm so sorry. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I can only give you some sweet advice to make you feel light."

Irina hands me a napkin.

"I had an arranged marriage. You know. Never liked Dominic's father. Well, before. After being in an environment for so long, I got used to things and eventually, he and I became friends. Don't think you need to be utterly in love with Dominic. Because you don't. It's a shit position to be in, but the moment you become friends? You won't feel anything."

I nod quickly as she unwraps her arms around me. "Everyone is different. So things might not work out now or ever. But as long as you have the right people and support surrounding you through this marriage. Things might turn out okay."

She places a soft kiss on my forehead and pulls my cup of coffee towards her. "Get some rest."

✧✧✧

I plunge the knife deeper into his thigh, twisting it in as fast as I can, ignoring the blood gushing out

The man screams in pain. "Please." He pleads.

I ignore his pleas, stabbing the knife deeper. He groans, staring down at the knife deep into his thigh. I watch as tears run down his face.

I hate being out of the loop.